How do you configure dahdi with TMD400P PLEASEEE!

I 'm trying to configrue my TDM400p I installed asterisknow 1.5
with freepbx version 2.5.1 asterisk version 1.4.22 all this came with my asterisknow I just installed a TDM400 p card I edited my dahdi system.conf what is next?
Do I have to compile anything?please help, give me step by step I’m a newbi.

open your browser and type in http://www.voip-info.org
press enter now in the search box type dahdi and press enter

Now READ…

If you’re going to write something stupid don’t bother, I could see your level of maturity.
Save yourself the trouble of writing

How is giving a link to the best source for you to learn stupid??

You asked a question I gave the answer, did you wish to PAY someone to do your work for you???

And one more you should watch your mouth, you never who is on the other end of a forum.

Now reading and learning is too much for you, you should go back to playing games or whatever it is you do, cuz this is not for you.

The intent of this site is FreePBX and support of it.

FreePBX it has a requirement of asterisk being installed and working before you install it. While we all try and help people it is clear from your initial post you didn’t do any searching or reading. We are not here to hand hold you in setting up asterisk and it’s requirements. To that end Bubba has given you a very good site and what to do “step by step” as you requested.

If you really want to be hand held, open your wallet and start paying. Remember that 100% of the people who respond to posted questions here are doing it without getting paid, and because they like to help. 95% of those responses are from experenced users and/or contributors to this project.

So before you go off on somebody you should consider taking the advice they gave and try it. Bubba has been a contributor here (answering questions, providing code examples, and many other types of donations) for a very long time while you have only been posting questions for the last two weeks or so.

FYI: The proper place for support of your hardware is with your hardware vendor. It should also be the primary place you try first.

Googling FreePBX and DAHDI gives you:

http://voipexperience.blogspot.com/2008/09/dahdi-no-jokes-version-with-freepbx.html

I have to admit I was tempted not to try and help…

Did you finally find an answer for that?

Bubba, that your first post points easily to a place that is amazing!
Thank you for the reference!

What question? How to install a Digium compatable Tiger Jet card like the a400?

Frankly the bottom line is if you can’t go to asterisk.org documentation or Google and find these links it his highly questionable if you have the skills to install,and administer an IP PBX, let alone an Open Source one.

Since we have no idea how you installed your system I can only make the generic statement that all the distro’s (including ours) that I am aware of install DAHDI for you so you simply skip the install steps and go on to configure it.

http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-tools/README.html

The gen_dahdiconf script does an OK job of generating configs, some times they even work without modification but you must check the files generated and make sure they match your configuration.

You also need to read any release note from your hardware vendor in case they need you to make changes to the drivers. This is why beginners should only buy Sangoma or Digium cards as they work out of the box without needing any additional drivers (Sangoma uses it’s own drivers and they are included with the FreePBX Distro and most others).

While the Chinese clone cards are inexpensive to acquire if you don’t know how to read source code and manage Linux drivers you are really up the creek as the documentation was written by folks that English is not their first language.

The Free in FreePBX stands for freedom, with freedom comes responsability. Asking non specific questions is highly offensive to those of us that have chosen to be responsible and establish our skill sets so that we can properly manager OSTS systems for our employers or our customers. Nothing is worse than an IT consultant installing FreePBX for a client then arriving here expecting us to hold (insert offensive portion of male anatomy) for you while you are billing your customer.

Anyway, for those who still want some meat I have take the time to cut and past the docs for the DAHDI configuration script:

If it’s not intuitevely obvious to you here is the order to do things:

1 - Install Distro or OS, Asterisk, FreePBX et al
2 - Power down system (did you do a proper Linux shutdown 'shutdown now’
3 - Install card
4 - Boot server
5 - Amportal Stop
6 - Run dahdi_genconf
7 - Check DAHDI and Asterisk config that was generated in step 5 and adjust as needed
8 - Start DAHDI and check to see if drivers load ‘service dahdi start’ then ‘service dahdi status’ to check that driver is loaded and channels in service.
9 - If DAHDI starts correctly run ‘service dahdi stop’ then ‘amportal start’ to start Asterisk and FreePBX
10 - From Asterisk CLI run 'dahdi show status and ‘dahdi show channels’ if no dahdi command exists in Asterisk something is wrong with the /etc/asterisk/ conf files, use the /var/log/asterisk/full file to locate the issue from the log.
11- If your channels show up in step 10 head into FreePBX and do your trunks, outbound routes, Zap DID’s (if require analog channel level routing capability) and inbound routes)

You now have telco connectivity for your Asterisk/FreePBX system. I am also putting these steps into the Documentation.

dahdi_genconf − Generate configuration for Dahdi channels.
SYNOPSIS

dahdi_genconf [options] [generator...]
DESCRIPTION

This script generate configuration files for Dahdi hardware. It uses two information sources: 
Hardware
 The actual Dahdi hardware is automatically detected on the host.
/etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters
A configuration file that supplements the hardware information. Its location may be overridden via the "GENCONF_PARAMETERS" environment variable.
The dahdi_genconf script can generate various kinds of configuration files as specified by the generator arguments. Each generator is a perl class in Dahdi::Config::Gen namespace. The generator names on the command line are the class names in lowercase.
The following generators are currently implemented: system, chandahdi, unicall, users. For further documentation on each, please user perldoc on the relevant class. E.g: "perldoc Dahdi::Config::Gen::Chandahdi"
Each generator on the command line may be passed custom options by assigning a comma separated list of options to the generator name. E.g:
 dahdi_genconf system chandahdi=verbose unicall
Global options:
−V
Version -- print version string and exit.
−v
Verbose -- sets the 'verbose' option for all generators.
−F
Freepbx -- sets the 'freepbx' option for all generators. Currently, chandahdi is affected.
Implementation notes:
•
genconf_parameters parsing is done via "Dahdi::Config::Params". An object representing the parsed data is instantiated by: "Dahdi::Config::Params−>new()". The "item()" method of this object contains all the hard coded defaults of the configuration directives.
•
A configuration object is instantiated by "Dahdi::Config::Gen−>new($params)". The mapping of configuration directives into semantic configuration is done in the constructor.
•
A single generator is run via the the "run_generator()" method of the configuration object.

If these steps are too difficult I suggest http://www.freepbx.org/support-and-professional-services