How do I test if dialling 911 will display my emergency cid value listed in freepbx?

How do I test if dialling 911 will display my emergency cid value listed in freepbx?

Thanks in advance!

the real test is to call, let them know it is a test call as soon as they answer and ask them if they are currently able to verify your information.

Don’t “abuse” the testing.

In 2.10, we are looking at adding an option when dialing outbound calls so that the ultimate CID is displayed back to your phone in the CNAM field through CONNECTEDLINE() and similarly the ultimate number being dialed is also displayed in the CNUM field (so if there is manipulation of the number, you see what you actually dialed.

Cool! That feature will be nice, because Vitelity charges $85 for 911 calls that show up wrong, so even if is a test call to 911 and the Ecid didn’t come through right, they charge $85.

Call your local PSAP (911 Center) and request that you be allowed to test. If they’re not too busy, they’ll be happy to work with you. Believe me…they would much rather test and make sure it is right than get incorrect info when seconds count.

If an admin line for 911 Center isn’t listed in the phone book, just call your local Law Enforcemt or Fire Dept. They should have the info, or go to www.nena.org. This is the “National Emergency Number Assn.” The chapter presidents are listed and they could get you in touch with your local director.

BF