How do I reinstall EPM

I ask how to reinstall it because I think somewhere in the install process something went awry. Here is why I think this. I am trying to do a simple thing: Setup a Park key (with announce where the call is being parked audio) on the top keys of an Aastra 57i. I know this should be simple. I setup a new template for my phone, went into the Firmware manager and elected to have 1.05 in slot 1. I selected slot 1 in the template. When I selected version 1.05 in slot 1 and saved it, there was no “downloading firmware message”, also when I look into /tftpboot/firmwaredownload there are no files. I have tried the following settings from the Template with a reboot of the phone after each update:

Typs of button Value Result
Blf/XFR 70 Parks - No Audio
Transfer 70 " "
Transfer ##70 Fails- Error
Spre ##70 Fails - Error
Spre 70 Works- But parks call on line1
Spre 70# " " "
Park Nothing–Key press ignored
Park 70 " " "

The firmware on the phone is 3.2.1.43 and the bootrom is 2.5.2.1010. My test is to call my Cell from my phone and then pres the Park call key I have programmed.
So How can I completely erradicate the EPM install and reinstall it. If I use the uninstall under module management does that remove everything?? Are there no little tidbits left behind to mess up a reinstall?

I know someone will say to add my own codes to the phone in the basefile. I think (incorrectly?) I should be able to do this without changing the basefile shouldn’t I?

Thanks for any help in getting this straightened out.

Have you tried speeddial “##70#” ?

BF

Doesn’t that blast the DTMF into the callers ear? Not a fan of that

That would depend on how you handle dtmf over sip, if inband, then yes, by default, no, it will be “out of band”.

Your list of

Typs of button Value Result
Blf/XFR 70 Parks - No Audio
Transfer 70 " "
Transfer ##70 Fails- Error
Spre ##70 Fails - Error
Spre 70 Works- But parks call on line1
Spre 70# " " "
Park Nothing–Key press ignored
Park 70 " " "

Has nothing to do with a EPM install. I dont think any of those would ever work. The only way I ever got park button in Aastra was ##70# and no it does not play it to the other user.

I listed the list of things I tried in the EPM trying to get the button to work, just to show what I had tried. The 57i I have on my desk, I setup a speed dial key with ##70# (In the EPM I programmed ##70# in the Value field and it DID NOT add the value into the phone, it did however change the key to a speed dial key)and it is set for RFC2833 signaling. When I use the key to park a call “Both” the phone user and the called party hear the tones and the system does not respond. Maybe some of this doesn’t have anything to do with the EPM install. Why would it not populate the value? I updated the page as I should.

What version of EPM are you using?

EPM is 2.11.0.1-2
PBX Firmware is 2.210.62-6
PBX Service Pack is 1.0.0.0

Could there be issues with the firmware on the phone? It is 3.2.1.43 I seem to remember reading a post that indicated that version 2.2 was better. Maybe that was an old post. I checked one of the 6731i phones that work and it is using firmware 2.6.0.1008

I thnk I have this issue solved. I changed the firmware on the Aastra to 2.6 (latest Fix version). I programmed a button Spre 70 and updated the phone. Now when I press the key it parks the call, plays the audio, and I can hang up normally. When I have more time I will try more recent versions of the firmware to see where it stops working.