Hotline Phone - Unregistered Alert

I’m looking for a way to set up an email alert when a particular extension unregisters. We have a hotline phone that needs to stay registered at all times. Monitoring the static IP doesn’t seem to be helpful since it can keep its IP, but drop registration. I found the following line in the call logs:

[2022-01-11 13:47:34] VERBOSE[6091] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Endpoint XXXX is now Unreachable

Is this indicating what I think it is? That the extension is no longer registered with the system? It seems this happens quite a bit, flapping between unreachable and reachable.

Has anyone come across this particular issue in the past? We just want a heads up if the endpoint drops it’s registration so we can rectify immediately. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

It doesn’t mean the extension is no longer registered, it means Asterisk sent a few requests to it to confirm it was reachable and got no response. It would indicate either a networking issue or an issue with the endpoint itself. If it becomes reachable then it will be able to be called again. It (the verbose message and registration) also doesn’t have any bearing on calls from the endpoint.

Also, if the address really is static, there is no requirement for it to register.

This is FreePBX, not raw Asterisk. While what you say is true, that is not something a normal admin will even know how to make work within FreePBX.

It doesn’t ever ‘unregister’, it just is not ‘reachable’ , generally a network/router problem.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.