HMS Property Management Room List cannot be updated

Hi

I am using Property management 14.0.2.28. The List Room View cannot be loaded. It seems to be stuck. After uninstalling Property Management and reinstalling to the latest one, the problems still exist. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me knos.

Bernie

I donā€™t use PM, but there should be a log somewhere thatā€™s telling you whatā€™s what.

When Iā€™ve seen problems like this in the past, it was a corrupted MySQL/mariadb table.

This is a commercial module and you can contact Sangoma Support.

Thanks Itzik

I do not have the commercial version since I am a small B&B with 10 rooms.

Bernie

Dear Dave

How would I go about repairing the MySQL database or index?

Bernie

Hi Bernie

Did you read the document on the wiki to set up this module?
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Property+Manager+Getting+Started
Just to be sure youā€™v got the good information to set this module.

Make sure youā€™ve got the latest version.

About the issue with the database, iā€™ve some doubts but why not. That wanna say that you have problems that do not concern this module but your system.

If thereā€™s a specific install , version, distroā€¦ please let me know.

Anyway, if you follow the manual to set this module, it should work.

Regards

Dear Franck

You have helped me in the past. I have installed the Property Management several times. This time, I tried to reinstalled it because the List - Room Page will not load. It keeps on waiting for the database. Can you tell me how to reindex or fixed the database?

Thanks

Bernie

You issue is for the page :Menu/List/Rooms right?
Whatā€™s your browser?
Can you pass your browser in debug console and get any errors from this page?

Anyway, if you start to get some error from database, then you maybe your system start to be unstable caused by a disk failed. (bad sector ā€¦Etc).
Just an idea like that.

Ususally, if you unsitall and remove the module, the table are removed.
So, after the new install, the table are createde and empty excepted pms_config which include some basic settings.
If this action has been performed, iā€™m prety sure thatā€™s not a database issue.

To check if the data is good in the database, you can use this cmd line :
# fwconsole mysql

And next, type some SQL requests like :
MariaDB [asterisk]> SELECT * FROM pms_rooms;

To quick mysql, type :
MariaDB [asterisk]> quit;

If all data are present into each one of table, then your database is good.

• pms_banner
  • pms_booking
  • pms_calendar
  • pms_charges
  • pms_config
  • pms_connectors
  • pms_cos_oracle
  • pms_guest
  • pms_maid_services
  • pms_minibar
  • pms_models
  • pms_privileges
  • pms_rates_obrt
  • pms_register
  • pms_restaurant
  • pms_rest_sales
  • pms_rooms
  • pms_sched_discounting
  • pms_sched_room
  • pms_status

The best way to be sure, is to make another install on a new virtual server like VMWare or VirtualBox.
Make a fresh install and configure your module.
If thereā€™s no issue, the problem is elsewhere.

Dear Danardf

Thanks for your help. I uninstalled Property Management for the 2nd time and did a remove afterward. After downloading and reinstalling Property Management, the Room List is working. I do not know why it quit before, when it has been running for 7 months. Then after a reinstall it still did not work. Well anyway, it seems to be working now. I have not test everything, but the main portion is working.

Thanks again.

Bernie

Great.

Maybe the issue came from a corrupted or a wrong data inside the database. Or maybe a file.
Sometimes, some issue come from the cache.
All is possible.

In the old versions, you allowed to remove and add a same room. But this action is no longer allowed, because the risk was to break the index of the room.
Once the room is created, itā€™s prefered to avoid to keep this one.
Itā€™s rare to remove add and remove any rooms often.
Sure you can change the type of room but this one need to be available and not occupied.

Anyway, you could chech the content of these tables if the data are right at first.
If all is right, then the issue come from elsewhere.
You could try to find out any error from your browser (FireFox = F12) and go to on the console.
Usually , if thereā€™s an error somewhere, it could give you a clue, but maybe notā€¦

Anyway, happy that works again.

Have a good day sir. :wink:

Dear Danardf

I get an error with pms_connectors. Database does not exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table ā€˜asterisk.pms_connectorsā€™ doesnā€™t exist

All other databases on the list are fine or show empty. In addition, I cannot use the room extension to access bar *37 (a recording says ā€œjob numberā€, or maid services *44 get disconnection.

Bernie

Yep, Thereā€™s a new version to fix this bug. ( pms_connectors )
Try to see if thereā€™s this one in the edge and install it.
This one is not out yet. But it should be in edge for test.
Otherwise, downgrade until the new version will be out.

Dear Danardf

I am sorry to disappoint you. The list room is not working again. After adding each check-in, I check the status. The fourth one seems to hit a problem. I check the pms_rooms table and there seems to be no problem and showed me a list of rooms.

MariaDB [asterisk]> SELECT * FROM pms_rooms;
Ā±ā€”Ā±----------Ā±-------------------Ā±-------------Ā±----------Ā±---------Ā±-------Ā±----------Ā±-------Ā±-----Ā±------Ā±---------Ā±-----Ā±-----Ā±----+
| id | room_name | guest_name | guest_number | last_call | cos | model | extension | groupe | free | clean | mini_bar | RACI | RACO | job |
Ā±ā€”Ā±----------Ā±-------------------Ā±-------------Ā±----------Ā±---------Ā±-------Ā±----------Ā±-------Ā±-----Ā±------Ā±---------Ā±-----Ā±-----Ā±----+
| 1 | Room 201 | | | | from-pms | Double | 201 | | 1 | 1 | | | | |
| 2 | Room 202 | | | | from-pms | Queen | 202 | | 1 | 1 | | | | |
| 3 | Room 203 | Ximena | | | from-pms | Double | 203 | | 0 | 1 | | | | |
| 4 | Room 204 | Boyd | | | from-pms | Queen | 204 | | 0 | 1 | | | | |
| 5 | Room 205 | Kathrina | | | from-pms | Double | 205 | | 0 | 1 | | | | |
| 6 | Room 206 | | | | from-pms | Double | 206 | | 1 | 1 | | | | |
| 7 | Room 207 | | | | from-pms | Queen | 207 | | 1 | 1 | | | | |
| 8 | Room 208 | | | | from-pms | Double | 208 | | 1 | 1 | | | | |
| 9 | Room 209 | Marci | | | from-pms | Queen | 209 | | 0 | 1 | | | | |
| 10 | Room 210 | | | | from-pms | Double | 210 | | 1 | 1 | | | | |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Bernie

Any error in console debug?

Dear Danard

I get this message in console

For developer resources visit: http://wiki.freepbx.org/x/BAAQ config.php:673:5
Framework: 14.0.5.25 config.php:675:5
Module Name: pms config.php:676:5
Module Version: 14.0.2.28 config.php:677:5
TypeError: g is null[Learn More] jquery-3.1.1.min.js:3:6696
Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: http://192.168.2.5/admin/assets/pms/js/bootstrap-toggle.min.js?load_version=14.0.2.28
Source Map URL: bootstrap-toggle.min.js.map[Learn More]
Source map error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Resource URL: https://cdn.schmoozecom.com/freepbx/sysadmin-module-purchasing.min.js?v=1551982102
Source Map URL: sysadmin-module-purchasing.map[Learn More]
Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: http://192.168.2.5/admin/assets/pms/js/bootstrap-toggle.min.js?load_version=14.0.2.28
Source Map URL: bootstrap-toggle.min.js.map[Learn More]
Source map error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Resource URL: https://cdn.schmoozecom.com/freepbx/sysadmin-module-purchasing.min.js?v=1551982102
Source Map URL: sysadmin-module-purchasing.map[Learn More]

Bernie

Please, Give me the steps to reproduce it (exactly).
We will try to reproduce it.

I will update you asap. (iā€™m so busy right now).
If we find any bug, iā€™ll fix it quickly. Donā€™t worry :wink:

But itā€™s weirdā€¦ this is the first time that I see this kind of stuff.
If you are sure that SPM is fully configured (even if some features are not used).

Regards

Thanks Danard

I will look at it on my end to see if checkout does anything? I will update you with more information tomorrow.

Thanks

Bernie

Dear Danard

Ok. I have found out the problem. If a person last name has a ', for example: Oā€™Connor. This will cause a problem with the List Room.

I will check out the maid and bar service with the Edge update.

I will keep you inform.

Bernie

Dear Danard

With the edge update, the minibar module is functioning. The maid or housekeeping service is not. In ā€œFeature Code Adminā€ and under PMS, the ā€œSend a message number to the receptionistā€ cannot be customized like all the other Feature code. I think this is causing the error when you type in *44 in the room which cause a disconnection.

Bernie