High Availability (Split from another thread)

Well except for the fact HA has been promised in 14 since 2017, v15 was to be stable in Jan 2018. The problem with that statement is that the brain drain, so to speak, happened in the last 4-5 months. So what was the reasoning for the delays for over a year up to that point. v14 is now two years old. We’ve been promised things for the last two years that have not materialized as promised or in some cases boasted.

As I said, part of the issue as I see it is the lack of LTS _and/or_plans. In a discussion with the devs in the IRC room about a year or so back I was told their roadmaps have no time frames, due dates or any sort of firm scheduling. It was during this conversation in which the real question was “How long until v13 is EOL” and not a single firm answer was given. There was “It will be supported for X release cycles” meaning that it would be EOL after the X version was released. This is also when we got the boast/promise of a 6 month release cycle making v13 EOL by v17 (which we should be on based on everything I said in my previous post).

Here’s where I’m at now with this. If before the end of 2019 Sangoma has their poop in a group and things start rolling again the question becomes is this causation or correlation to those that left in 2019.