High Availability Backup and Restore

Probably no way to do this currently

Love this add on. I have been using this on Trixbox and it works great. The only issues i am having is how do i keep the sip_nat.conf file from restoring to the backup box. I have tried adding it to the Exclude files list, but it keeps restoring the fie. Any thoughts?

Hmm, interesting oversite. You may want to open a feature request for that.

The remote backup option works great as long as your SSH is on port 22. However, I am running multiple instances of Asterisk / FreePBX on a sever as virtual machines under Proxmox (single public IP). I am trying to pull a backup to another server on a different IP. I have to port forward to each instance (ie. host SSH port is 65003 -> 22).

I was able to move the RSA key using ssh-copy-id by specifying the host target as ‘-p 65003 [email protected]’. But I can’t get the remote backup to work.

Is there any way to force a port number in the “Remote SSH Hostname” field?

Thanks,

• Ted

Hi,

Just implemented this on a live/standby pair of servers. They are pure VoIP platforms and my SIP trunk provider can cope with a primary/secondary IP for the trunks. This means I can just turn off the live server, press the red bar on the standby server and within 30 seconds or so I have the calls going via the standby server.

I am using Aastra phones so they also have the primary/secondary IPs defined and find the standby server quickly.

A big thank you!

Graham

Hello All,

Is it ok to leave the public/private key info in /root/.ssh which is the standard place in linux?
Also when you are on the source server can you simply add the public key from the backup server to authorized_key2 ? ( also standard )

Also, how can I tell what bombed when it doesn’t execute or for that matter how can I tell that it successfully executed?

I say this because on a fresh install if you make it the backup and tell it to restore, then you will see configuration but what happens when it worked once back in Janurary and hasn’t backed up or restored since?

Thanks!