Hey Hey Check it out Custom Context module

No we’re not talking about the same thing. I know what’s a context, but my question was quite different. AFTER adding a custom context to an extension using the drop down menu I can’t see in which context is that extension because that field remains blank. Where I can see if that extension is using that custom context?

We are going round and round. The drop box populates the context field in the extension. I just checked and it works fine.

Scott

So what can be the problem with mine? The drop box is blank after adding the context. the context works fine but it’s not shown in the extension.

I am not sure of another way of explaining this. The drop box lists the contents of the description field from the custom contexts module. When you select the context it populates the ‘context’ field under device options with the corresponding context that was generated by the custom context module.

It is supposed to stay blank, the context field is all that changes.

I found the problem. The problem was that my custom context name was (ale it home) with space so in the context field of the extension there was only “ale”

Thak you for your help SkykingOH!

Rule of thumb
never use spaces / special chachers in the config
use ale_at_home

Hi all,

I have been trying to get this module working for a while now with no luck.

Could someone post a sample configuration to get me started please?

I am trying to get a setup which has an extension only able to use one trunk or if it is a call to a mobile a second trunk.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

your link http://www.pbx4pros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25 no longer works