Help with Gigaset S685 IP

Hi, I have a Siemens Gigaset S685 IP that I’m trying to register as a standard SIP extension but not having much luck. In the setup under General Provider Data for Domain, Proxy server address, Registrar server and Outbound proxy I have entered my servers local IP address however the Gigaset reports “Registration Failed”. I’ve tried entering my dynamic Dydns address, but it then reports “Server Unreachable”. I’ve looked in the Asterisk CLI but cant see any registration failure events (at least nothing I recognise as such). If anyone has successfully set a Siemens Gigaset S685 IP base station up to a FreePBX, I’d be vry grateful if you could pass on any info that may help.

Have you seen this Blog Post before?
Maybe it doesn’t contain the latest info about how to register the Siemens Gigaset S685IP on Asterisk but, IMHO, it seems well written.

Thanks, but that didnt really help. I do understand how to set up a SIP enpoint, it just that the Siemens didnt want to register.

For anyone else experencing this problem I finally resolved it as follows:
First in Settings -> Telephony -> IP Configuration, click on the edit buttonfor the IP Configuration you need.
Now click on the “Select VoIP Provider” button.
Select your country and then select a simple VoIP provider, I choose “Gizmo” If Gizmo doesnt appear in your list of VoIP providers, go back and select another country (I choose USA). Download the configuration.
Next overwrite the Domain, Proxy server address, Registrar server and Outbound proxy addresses with the local address of your PBX. Set STUN to “No” and click the "SET"button. There must be a lot of stuff downloaded behind the scenes (or set to null) as this configuration worked straight away. You will see the Name Gizmo against your IP Configuration name with no way to change it, but I can live with that.

Yep, this because (I know how some Siemens IP PBX communication systems, like HiPath 3000/OpenScape Office systems, work) Siemens has “softcoded” (let me use this term) some VoIP providers without leaving space to set own personal one or without setting one named “Asterisk” or just “VoIP Server” with empty parameters to be filled.

Something similar happens on their system: they provide a “softcoded” list of known tested and certified VoIP Trunking providers to ease the technical installer configuration but, for the sake of truth, at least in their systems they let the administrative user to create new custom VoIP Providers as needed (a local Asterisk server, as example).