Help setting up hookflash trunk?

I’m trying to connect to a Valcom Class Connect system. I’m using a Grandstream FXO gateway. THings are close to working but I need a way to just open the trunk without sending any initial digits to the Valcom. Right now I build an outbound route that utilizes the FXO if I dial 900 but I don’t want to send 900 to the Valcom device. I just want to open the trunk line and then dial the digits the Valcom is looking for. Is this all configured in the Grandstream device or do I need to make some changes in the outbound route/trunk to not send any initial digits?

If you want the user to dial e.g. 900234 and 234 should be sent to the Valcom trunk, set up your Outbound Route:
prefix: 900
match pattern: X.

If you want the user to dial 900, hear dialtone from the Valcom and then dial the required code, set your Outbound Route with match pattern 900 and set the dial plan in the Grandstream to replace 900 with an empty string. Some FXO devices won’t allow an empty string, so try replacing 900 with ‘a’ (without the quotes).

If these are not what you want, please ask a more specific question with examples of desired behavior. Also post model numbers of Grandstream and Valcom devices.

What do you mean by ‘hookflash’ in this context?

1 Like

I think this is exactly what I want:

If you want the user to dial 900, hear dialtone from the Valcom and then dial the required code, set your Outbound Route with match pattern 900 and set the dial plan in the Grandstream to replace 900 with an empty string. Some FXO devices won’t allow an empty string, so try replacing 900 with ‘a’ (without the quotes).

Grandstream info:|Product Model: | HT-503 V2.0A|
|—|---|
|Software Version: | Program – 1.0.16.2|

Not sure how to alter the dial plan in the grandstream though

How would I alter this dialplan to replace a 900 with an empty string?

{ x+ | +x+ | *x+ | xxx+ } – currently found in grandstream ht503

{900=a} for my dial pattern? would this replace the 900 with empty. Not sure if I would need to add in what I plan to dial after the trunk is then open to my dial pattern. I think I would be dialing 101 or 1101

According to http://www.grandstream.com/sites/default/files/Resources/ht503_user_manual.pdf p.58, the FXO dial plan works only for inbound calls.

If you will be always sending the same number to the Valcom e.g. 1101, you could just have the Outbound Route with
prefix 900
prepend 1101
match pattern (blank)

Or, if you need to send different numbers, try
prefix 900
prepend A
match pattern (blank)

Or, set it up so the user would dial 9001101, as in my earlier post.

I never knew you could put A in the prepend for the freepbx outbound routes

I just tried and the GUI blocks that. Not clear why, A-D are valid DTMF characters that one might want to send.
But possibly, it would work with a null number (leaving prepend and match pattern blank).

If not, is there a problem with dialing 9001101 or similar?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.