Help! FATAL ERROR: XML error: Mismatched tag at line 5?

I just attempted to install the TFTP Manager module for FreePBX ( downloaded from http://minded.ca/2010-06-06/freepbx-module-tftp-manager/) and then I got a message saying:

FATAL ERROR
XML error: Mismatched tag at line 5

I’m new at all this and have absolutely no idea how to fix this. Anyone know how?

Thank you so much in advance!

try #1032

thanks!

ok well i tried the support ticket thing and they just told me to come back here… I did find out that there was a piece of HTML that found its way into the module.xml description when they copied it over… anyone know how to edit that?

@mlgreene
Sorry for the issues, but thanks for being an early adopter of an initial version.

to fix the XML problem you currently have, open the file directly with something like nano and remove the <BR> that isn’t supposed to be in the <description>…</description> tag. (module.xml is in each modules folder, the folders are usually in /var/www/html/admin/modules/ or something like that where /var/www/html is the root folder of the webserver). you’ll be looking for /var/www/html/admin/modules/tftpmanager/module.xml or similar.

Also, a few updates have been made to make the module more robust, please upgrade to version 1.1 when your back in your GUI.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! My GUI is back!! I was so close to reinstalling the whole system. with the disc… thank you thank you thank you!!!

happy to help. glad your back up and running. again, i recommend upgrading to the version 1.1 from either the ticket or the website (both are updated).