Help configure extension

Total NOOB here,

I am trying to set up some Snom 300 phones on FreePBX 10.13.66-12 I have got the phones to sometimes log error messages when they try to register, sometimes they get no logged message.

Here’s one of the messages
NOTICE[11660] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from ‘“101” sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘10.10.1.61:2048’ (callid: 3c26701c001a-n97rijnbaxbf) - No matching endpoint found

101 is the station number
phone101 is the user account
10.10.1.61 is the extension
10.10.1.60 is the node FreePBX is running on

Other times the phone logs a timeout message when it tries to register. One time the phone got a “refused with code 401” message.

There are so many options, I am quite confused. Right now I’m just trying to get the phones to register with FreePBX, I’m waiting for an FXO card to come in before I can do much more. I think I need some help assigning the station to an endpoint.

Thanks very much for any help!

Jon

A common noob mistake is to mix up the SIP port numbers. There are two SIP drivers, and if both are enabled they are on different ports, 5060 and 5061 by default. My wild guess is that you’ve created a chan_sip extension on port 5061 and are attempting to register a phone to pjsip on 5060.

Thanks! It is not real clear what port the phones are on. I was assuming 5060 was the standard port for SIP.
I don’t see anywhere in the phone that the port can be changed. I will check to make sure the PBX is using 5060.

So, should I create the extension with pjsip?

Thanks again,

Jon

If you want the phone to use port 5060, yes.

If you can set the phone up to use 5061, you can leave your config alone and the phones should connect.

I couldn’t get pjsip to work, but found the cryptic entry to change the phone’s port selection. After a BUNCH of rebooting the phone, I finally got it to register! By the way, chan_sip uses port 5160, just to avoid confusion.

Thanks VERY much, now I’m waiting for the FXO card to arrive, and I’ll see if I can get the CO line to talk to the station.

Jon

News to me, but OK. The “standard” place for that to show up has been 5061, but it is configurable, so whatever makes it work is what you should go with.