Hangup after 10 seconds

Having a strange issue with a Hangup being issued after 10 seconds on inbound calls. A Hangup is issued after 10 seconds of playing the IVR announcement. After that time, the originating caller remains connected but there is no audio in either direction (dtmf is unresponsive as well). Interestingly enough, if you dial an extension during that initial 10 seconds, it does go to the extension but again a Hangup is generated on the asterisk side.

This asterisk box is behind a Fortigate 50B firewall. One of the troubleshooting steps I am going to take is to move asterisk behind a less advanced firewall (WRT54GL) to see if the issue persists. My suspicion is that the Fortigate is closing the RTP stream/UDP ports, although I’m not quite sure why the Hangup would be seen on the asterisk side. I suppose asterisk could be detecting a hangup that hasn’t actually taken place because of the firewall stopping RTP?

We thought we had the Fortigate config working well (disabled SIP ALG) but after a reboot we encountered this issue.

Has anyone run into anything like this?

– <SIP/siptrunk1-0000001f> Playing ‘custom/IVR_Directory.slin’ (language ‘en’)
== Spawn extension (ivr-4, s, 12) exited non-zero on ‘siptrunk1-0000001f’
– Executing [h@ivr-4:1] Hangup(“SIP/siptrunk1-0000001f”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (ivr-4, h, 1) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/siptrunk1-0000001f’

Yep, I have the same issue, exact 10 sec on incoming call.
I have sip trunk with DID provider, may PBX is behind pfsense firewall.
Asterisk issue hangup to local extension, meanwhile the other side is still connected, and disconnects in about 1 min by itself.
Local trunk with linksys device is working well.

It’d be nice if you could post your fixed on here - we have the same issue now but have no idea how to fix :frowning: Thanks!