Had an outgate in as 16.12 No sure what happened trying to do an rca

I had a outage occur but aserisk didn’t stop running, the probem was sip devices could register but could not make calls.

If a pjsip client was logged in to queues it woudl continue to get calls. but any calls out was met with dead air and hangup and no messages in CLI.

I could see the aor there and gone.

To fix i endedup resarteting asterisk.
I have some ingae SBC units for clients to use. They logged SIP/482 Loop Detected

During every minute of the outage I have calls that worked but no user that wasnt logged in could call to login. I don’t have it recorded if non queue calls inbound would work. Outbound did not internal clients.

Any ideas on what would have failed?

I really am suspecting a problem in pjsip. but here is such a lack of log data to substantiate it. I know a restart of asterisk corrected the issue.

It’s entirely possible, but your version of 16 is over 2 years old and Asterisk 16 itself is no longer supported for bug fixes. It is entirely possible that it was an issue that was resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.