HA module InnoDB problems

Hello everyone!

Fresh install on freepbx FreePBX

Everything worked correctly before hand “could go into module admin, EPM ect.” after I installed the HA module now every page says “SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1286 Unknown table engine ‘InnoDB’”

Let me tell you after spending $3150 with freepbx and it instantly break everything is a bit dis-hearting

So I went in and deleted /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 and now everything works. Pretty unacceptable that this is a problem however :frowning:

All commercial modules come with free support the first year. I suggest open a ticket with have on this.

I have already opened a ticket. However as I stated above the problem is already fixed. How this is a ticket subject and not a bug is beyond me. I dare not report this as a bug as Ive seen sangoma reps telling people to just submit tickets… In my opinion there should not be a situation where a fresh install of freepbx 13 is broken by a commercial module that cost $3000.

For anyone that finds this through google. Delete /var/lib/MySQL/ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 restart MySQL/server and off you go.

Your right it sounds like a bug and feel free to open a bug report but commercial support is free on your ourchase so I was trying to give you the best option.
As far as it should never happen. The very nature if bugs is they do happen. We do HA installs monthly but their is no way after each code change in FreePBX we could retest HA every single time.

I’ve seen this happen on a couple of machines, and I really can’t figure out HOW. The mysql Innodb log size SHOULD be set to 32MB on install.

Unfortunately, some machines don’t have that setting in /etc/my.cnf when the database is created, and when the replication setup is done, it’s put in there, and mysql breaks.

I’ve got a rewrite of the my.cnf generation on my todo list, so it’ll check if the setting is there and if it’s NOT, it’ll leave it at the default (5MB).

Sorry about that 8-(