GXP 2170 transfers

Hey all,

When my clients receive an inbound call to their phone system, they pick up and the caller states they need to be transferred to a different extension. Once that call is transferred to the next endpoint, when the user picks up their handset or hits the answer button, they hear a “busy signal” and the caller gets their voicemail.

Anyone else experience this and find a solution? My clients are using Grandstream GXP 2170 phones.

Can you post a call log?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs

I am using Free PBX: 14.0.5.25 and Asterisk Version: 15.5.0 if that helps ring any bells. As for the call logs, let me see what I can do. Updates to follow.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but isn’t there a lot of info in the call logs? Is there a way to be more specific on what you need me to post?

Get a call log from a failed call

Pull the information from the /var/log/asterisk/full log for the period immediately surrounding the call. On each line in the file, you should see a PID/Thread number (in square brackets), so if there’s a LOT of interaction (a really busy server, for example) you can narrow the scope of the call down a little bit using that as a filter.

So…we got this issue resolved. We ended up downgrading the firmware from 1.0.9.102 to 1.0.9.69 and their system is now working perfectly. Everyone at my company is using 1.0.9.102 with no issues but I think, for what ever reason, their network did not like the 1.0.9.102 firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.