GUI upgrade tool

@tm1000 @xrobau and other team members have been burning the midnight oil to bring you the 12 to 13 updater. If you are running FreePBX 12 it should be available in module admin (check online). Remember this is Beta and should be treated as such. There are likely bugs and gremlins so production use is generally discouraged.

As always please report bugs to http://issues.freepbx.org and feedback here is always welcomed.

3 Likes

Yay, been waiting for this so I can upgrade my test system which runs on a VM.
I installed the upgrade module and started the upgrade, skipping the register as this is just a test environment…
Got to Step 1 and hit a snag…
Step one asks for “Verify System Information” in which you select a “Distribution” from a list containing the Distro’s and the last option of “Other” which is valid for my setup as I’m not running a distro but have installed on CentOS.
When I click the Next button, while having selected “Other”, a message pops up with “Please provide a valid Distribution Name”.
While it looks like this is just for stats purposes I’m a little hesitant to just select one of the Distros in case the upgrade process then uses that to set various options/paths that will then not work for my setup…
Can someone confirm if this step 1 is purely for stats (which of course will be skewed if I select one of the distros) and has no influence on the upgrade process?

When you select other a text box appears. Simply fill in that textbox.

That’s what I was expecting to see with"Other" selected but no text box showed…
I tabbed from the list and the cursor did “disappear” somewhere, possibly the text box, but it was not visible and neither were any characters I typed.
I was using the new version 40.0 Firefox at the time and I see there’s been a patch already so may it was just the browser…
I’ll try restore my VM to before the upgrade and run the upgrade again…