Greeting message when transfer to Voice mail using *XXX

I am using Asterisk 1.8.20 FreePbx 2.8.1 with Yealink T46 sip phone. When I have a caller that I want to transfer directly to an extension’s voice mail I dial *3XX ( I am using extension numbers 301-3XX) the caller is connected to extension 3XX voice mail, but the greeting is NOT played. Is there a way to have the Greeting play ?

Thanks

Has this ever worked?

How are you transferring the call?

What happens when you try to transfer the call?

Provide logs of a failed attempt.

Has this ever worked?. NO, I am testing this on my in house system prior to installing
How are you Transferring ? I first dial * then the extension number 301 then # (Send). I hear the “Recording Beep Tone” for 301, and I am able to leave a message.

What happen when you try to transfer the call? IF I am transferring a call to an extensions voice mail,(*301) the same “Recording Beep Tone” is heard and the transfered caller can leave a message.

I will try and get some logs on the failed attempt.

Thanks for the response

If you ring an extension and wait for the call to go through to voicemail do you get an unavailable message then?

Yes, IF a caller is transferred to an extension, and the caller ends up in the extensions voice mail, they hear the unavailable message.

You need to set the “Direct Dial to Voicemail message type:” which is in the General Settings module in FreePBX 2.9. Probably the same option in 2.8.

AdHominem

Thanks for the TIP on the voice mail settings. We made the change you recommended and it solves the issue. THANKS THANKS THANKS…