Grandstream HT813 SIP Extension to get Dialtone From FXO Port

Hello, I have a Granstream HT813, which has a SIP account registered with FreePBX. This HT813 device has an FXO and an FXS. I have an intercomm system that has an FXS card with TIP and Ring, that I have hooked up to the FXO port on this device. I was hoping that when I dialed the extension mapped to the FXO port I would get a Dialtone…I do not, instead I get one ring and then a busy signal. Does anyone know how I can dial this extension, and then get a dialtone on this device so that I can Page the system with *01, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The FXO in that Grandstream is supposed to be set up as a trunk.

Can you provide some guidance on how I do that? Is that all done on the HT813?

A part on freepbx and a part on the ht813.
Basically, create a trunk on freepbx with type peer and host=IP of the ht813
Then create an outbound route with a specific prefix that then would send the page code.

Okay, I’ll try my hand at this. I may have some questions as I am new to this side of things.

The HT813 is basically a renewed HT503 so you can you use the recipes for that model too.

Excellent…that should be helpful. Is anyone in those recipes talking to an intercomm system like me? With the configuration stated above? Maybe there’s one I could reference if there is.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.