Grandstream, Asterisk, and PJSIP. Are they compatible?

That was it!!! I had to put the :5161 port on both lines. Of course this means I can’t just run the script and be done. I’ll have to go into each phone and change the settings, but at least I can now.

That’s a good way to end the week. Thank you to all of you. I certainly couldn’t have gotten there without each of you.

1 Like

Just for anyone else who’s having this problem too, the end solution was to select the Settings tab at the top then select Astrisk SIP Settings. Select the SIP Settings {chan_pjsip} and scroll down to the Port near the bottom of the page. Make sure the port number is not the port used in the CHANSIP settings tab.

Then go into the Grandstream phone’s account page and put in the full IP with that same PJSIP port into the Grandstream’s SIP Server and Outbound Proxy on the phone’s Account page in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:PORT using the same IP:PORT for both fields.

Then in the PBX extension manager’s page for each extension, to click the Advanced tab and then scroll down to the Change SIP Driver and click the box to Change to CHAN_PJSIP driver, then click the submit button on the bottom of the page, and then apply changes at the top of the page. Then reboot the Grandstream phone while those changes are being applied on the PBX. When the phone reboots it will then be using the PJSIP driver.

1 Like

I’m using Asterisk/Freepbx and PJSIP on my GXP2170 and it seems to work fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.