Google Voice Trunk Stop Working

On my setup, I have a single Google Voice trunk for in/out calling. It works fine 99.999% of the time for outbound calling. However, for inbound calling, occasionally the calls end up being picked up by Google Voice voicemail. When this occurs, the phone in my house (connected to my Free PBX box via Linksys PAP2) rings, however answering them (even immediately after the first or second ring) results in dead air while the call continues on to Google Voice voicemail.

Now, clearly this isn’t the end of the world, as we still get the message from Google Voice, however it is annoying.

Not sure what info would be pertinent, but Module Admin indicates “Core” version of 2.9.0.2.

jabber.conf

[asterisk]
type=client                  		;
serverhost=talk.google.com		;route to server
[email protected]/Talk    ;change to your username
secret=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                ;change to your password
port=5222                               ;
usetls=yes                              ;
usesasl=yes                             ;
status=Available                        ;
statusmessage="Incredible PBX"          ;
timeout=100                             ;
keepalive=yes

and from extensions_custom.conf

[googlein]
exten => xxxxx.com,1,Wait(1)
exten => [email protected],n,Set([email protected])
;exten => [email protected],n,JABBERSend(asterisk,${ALERTNAME},Incoming Google Voice Call: ${CALLERID(name):2:10})
exten => xxxxx.com,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERID(name):2:10})
exten => [email protected],n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(number)})
exten => [email protected],n,GotoIf(${DB_EXISTS(gv_dialout_xxxxx/channel)}?bridged)
exten => [email protected],n,Goto(s,regcall)
exten => [email protected],n(bridged),Bridge(${DB_DELETE(gv_dialout_xxxxx/channel)}, p)
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Set([email protected])
;exten => _X.,n,Set(STATUS=${JABBER_STATUS(asterisk,${ALERTNAME})});
;exten => _X.,n,NoOp(Gvoice/Jabber Status: ${STATUS})
;exten => s,n,JABBERSend(asterisk,${ALERTNAME},Incoming Google Voice Call: ${CALLERID(name):2:10})
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERID(name):2:10})
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(number)})
exten => s,n(regcall),Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(8)
exten => s,n,SendDTMF(11)
exten => s,n,Goto(from-trunk,gv-incoming,1)

[gvoice]
exten => _X.,1,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,Set([email protected])
;exten => _X.,n,Set(STATUS=${JABBER_STATUS(asterisk,${ALERTNAME})});
;exten => _X.,n,NoOp(Gvoice/Jabber Status: ${STATUS})
;exten => _X.,n,JABBERSend(asterisk,${ALERTNAME},Placing GVoice Call: ${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${LEN(${EXTEN})}"="10"]?us:other)
exten => _X.,n(us),Dial(Gtalk/asterisk/+1${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)
exten => _X.,n,Goto(done)
exten => _X.,n(other),Dial(Gtalk/asterisk/+${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)
exten => _X.,n(done),NoOp(GVoice Call to ${EXTEN} failed)

Anyone have any tips on correcting this, or suggestions on where to start troubleshooting it?

Thanks

I’m having the same issue. I haven’t heard anything back on mine. I find if I hang up and redial the PBX picks up. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the PBX not accepting the call. usually you have to press 1 to accept the call.

I had done some further digging, and this is apparently a pretty common problem with FreePBX / Google Voice. Has something to do with a bug in the “Call Screening” feature when using Google Chat as the forward phone.

I have since signed up for an IPKall DID that I have set up as an incoming route in FreePBX and I have Google Voice forward to it. This reliably rings my home phones and can always be answered. Occasionally Google Voice Mail picks it up before FreePBX mail, though. Google also has a nasty habit of occasionally sending 206-420-0990 as the caller id to known IPKall DIDs to avoid paying the termination fees (at least this is the assumed reason).

I have an OBI110 coming for Christmas, so I am also going to try setting it up with Google Voice and use it as a FreePBX trunk. I considered using the OBI110 by itself and by passing the FreePBX thing altogether, but I really like the Superfecta Caller ID look up.

I am also having this same issue. I have a Obi 100 coming and should be here Wednesday. I will have to try and find set up instructions for that. Glad I found this thread been driving me crazy.