Google voice outgoing calls one way audio

Hello Everyone,

I am having a strange issue with google voice trunks and outgoing calls. I have a GV trunk that I frequently use to make outgoing calls and I can not hear any audio from the person I call, however when I receive an incoming call on that trunk two way audio works just fine.

I am not sure what’s going on, but it is driving me nuts as I don’t see any errors in the log file.

Has anyone else had this issue or can provide me with any guidance on what it might be?

Best Regards,

Chris W.

Google recently made changes to Google Voice, I don’t think it’s possible to have it working with the current distro.

However, see this post. Implementing and Testing Naf's GVsip Google Voice Sip Ubuntu 18.04 Freepbx

What a bummer! Thanks a bunch, i’ll look into it and report back how it works out :wink:

I’m having the exact same issue. Internal calls are good with 2-way audio, extension to extension, including paging. Incoming calls are also good with 2-way audio. On Outbound external calls, they can hear me, I cannot hear them. However, this doesn’t seem to be 100%, but easily 90%. I have had a few calls work and oddly enough those exact phone numbers work every time.
I am going to get a test trunk from a SIP provider and test everything tomorrow.

Internal calls don’t pass a Trunk, that’s why you don’t have any issues.

See https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32023387-The-Google-Voice-MOTIF-Outbound-Calling-Stopped-Working-Thread .

For a temporary workaround: call your own GV number, get to main menu, press 2 to make a call, dial desired destination.

Just wanted to update everyone on this, I finally got time to recompile the gvsip branch on my freepbx system, it works great now. I followed the guide above.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.