Going from PHP 5.1 to 5.3 & FreePBX 2.10 on AsteriskNOW 1.7

Hello,

Does anyone know whether the backup module in FreePBX 2.10.x will work completely with PHP 5.1?

If not, does anyone know whether taking a full backup/dump of the MySQL DB will be sufficient for my needs?

More details:

I have an AsteriskNOW 1.7 system that I originally disabled the freepbx packages in via yum, then updated via the FreePBX module admin to the latest 2.9. Now I have pushed it to 2.10. However, I realized I need PHP 5.3. I obviously should have handled that upgrade before going to FreePBX 2.10.

In any rate, I’m trying to get PHP 5.3 installed without breaking FreePBX. I have installed the yum “replace” plugin. Now I can run:
yum replace php --replace-with php53

This looks good except that it wants to uninstall FreePBX, as its RPM states a dependency on PHP (5.1).

So… I’m thinking that I could just backup the entire FreePBX config & then pull the trigger on yum replace. That should get me up to PHP 5.3 AND probably break FreePBX. Then I can reinstall FreePBX and restore my configuration.

However I don’t know whether the FreePBX backup module will actually completely work on PHP 5.1. Does anyone else?

Otherwise, I could just dump the mysql db via phpmyadmin or webmin’s mysql module. Then do the php upgrade and reinstall the latest FreePBX, then restore the mysql DB.

Does this seem like a good approach? Should it work? Anyone have a better idea?

Thanks in advance for your help!