Getting the pre-recorded messages to show on the popup menu

When I was using the program via Windows I was able to choose my recordings or at least they were there if you set up d.receptionist or autoattendant.

When I inastall the system in a linux and installed it I realize those are gone. If I want to use either of the services. Can they be set up I mean the recordings.

Thank you.

oH I see I read it as Uninstall freepbx and reinstall I do not know the sound module would pick up the files now…

That is a MUCH better way…

[quote=“xrobau”][quote=“bubba”]Emilio,
If you know how to import data into MYSQL[/quote]

Actually, system recordings is rather paranoid. If you stick your recordings into the custom directory, then uninstall and reinstall it, it re-propogates the database automatically. Uninstalling system recordings does not delete any files, nor will it break recording associations in any of the other modules.

–Rob[/quote]

Rob, thank you. The files I want are those sound for the ivr and such. I’m not familar with them but, if I understand you correctly I just copy the sound files to the custom, that will include all of them. Now my problem is unistalling the sound module, I don’t know how. I can re-install it by going to sounds dir and do make install. Is this correct? Please let me know if it is and how to unistall it.

Thaks Rob, big help.

Rob I just wanted to thank you again for taking the time. I was able to find it and load the recordings. Thanks for the instructions being new to the system I tend to miss a few things.

[quote=“bubba”]Ah …Rob It can handle it, I have been doing it this way as of 2.8
I still import the list into TrixBox 1.2[/quote]

No, I wan’t saying ‘that will break it’ - I’m saying ‘just stick the damn files in there, and uninstall and reinstall the sounds module. No need to mess around importing stuff through sql’.

–Rob

Ah …Rob It can handle it, I have been doing it this way as of 2.8
I still import the list into TrixBox 1.2

Most of the recordings are there (stock sound files) he just wants to see them in the drop menu to select them (his VMware maybe one I did that to) what I was asking him was which recordings …
I think the NV-TB has some custom sound files.
Unlce Ward had put in a default IRV I think.

He is running a centos build with freepbx, he is building own so he understands it better, and he is moving on, he was up and running in days.

He has the VMware and his custom build running, I think he wants the custom box IVR to be just like his TrixBox VM.

Emilio,
If you know how to import data into MYSQL
http://pbx.mississippi.com/sounds.csv
is a file with the “default” recordings now this is for My custom builds
not all these files are there nor would wish them all to show.

Edit the file to include only the recordings you wish to show in the drop down and have list on the sound recordings page.

DO NOT IMPORT THE “id” (the datbase is autofill on that

[quote=“bubba”]Emilio,
If you know how to import data into MYSQL[/quote]

Actually, system recordings is rather paranoid. If you stick your recordings into the custom directory, then uninstall and reinstall it, it re-propogates the database automatically. Uninstalling system recordings does not delete any files, nor will it break recording associations in any of the other modules.

–Rob