Getting Skype To Work

Hey guys,

First off let me just tell you that you all are a wonderful help and I am having a blast getting my FreePBX system up and running
Today I finally got my sipgate trunk to ring my extensions, and I am also going through the NV wiki on how to setup the IVR, the things that this software suite is capable of doing is just phenomenal. I even canceled my Packet8 service today as a result of getting this to work.

So anyways now I want to get the Skype setup on my machine so that when I am working from home and I have to join a bridge I want to use Skype for this due to the fact that all of my bridges are toll free (and I am not limited to the 2 hour time limit of GVoice)

So I followed the guide step by step here http://nerdvittles.com/?p=680
Then I get to the point that it wants me to start the skype application, this I cannot do, due to this error

./skype: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9’ not found (required by ./skype)

Now I am a fairly strong hand when it comes to Linux, I run Ubuntu at home on all of my machines, I work in Solaris all day at work, however my exposure to the Yum package manager is a bit on the low side, I’ve followed all of the guides that I could find on line about getting around this error but no luck. Does anyone by chance happens to know how to get around this so I can get my skype setup? Thank you all in advance for your help with this.