Getting error: res_musiconhold.c:696 monmp3thread: poll() failed: Interrupted system call

Periodically I’m getting these errors scroll up in the command line interface.
res_musiconhold.c:696 monmp3thread: poll() failed: Interrupted system call

I have a streaming music on hold category that seems to be causing it:

/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -s --mono -r 8000 -f 8192 -b 1024 http://192.168.10.24:8080

Any advice???

If you are streaming the on hold music and the stream is interrupted it might cause this.

man mpg123

-b size, --buffer size
Use an audio output buffer of size Kbytes. This is useful to bypass short periods of heavy system activity, which would normally cause the audio output to be interrupted. You should specify a buffer size of at least 1024 (i.e. 1 Mb, which equals about 6 seconds of audio data) or more; less than about 300 does not make much sense. The default is 0, which turns buffering off.

So you could bump your 1024 up a littlebit…

-y, --resync
Try to resync and continue decoding if an error occurs in the input file. Also try to recover from certain broken headers. Useful if you have a broken MPEG file, on which mpg123 normally gives up saying `Illegal header’. Be careful: Broken locations in MPEG files might cause sharp, loud pops or clicks, which might damage your speakers if played too loud.

You may wish to add -y to your command

I’ve changed buffers to 2048 and added the -y switch. That appears to have helped. I’ll keep watching it. Thanks for the help!!

Hmmm, I spoke too soon. It’s doing it again.
What can cause this??

Ok, I found a more reliable streaming source and that appears to have fixed it.

Hi Zwizard, i have the same exact problem you are mentioning. I know it is 2 years back. If you remember sreaming source you used and any other details, please share with me.

Sorry, I don’t remember the details of that now.