Fwconsole restart error

(Vasilis) #1

Hello everyone,
i just god a job in new company but previous IT did not left any notes.

I am trying to apply config on freePBX from GUI for a new phone and i get below message:

exit: 1
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
Exception: Unable to connect to Asterisk through the CLI in file /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 24
Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:24

I have read some other posts and tryid to fwconsole restart but then i got this error:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 93 bytes) in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/composer/vendor/neitanod/forceutf8/src/ForceUTF8/Encoding.php on line 196

I am not so familiar with this system and i want an old registered phone called lets say User1 to change it to User2 but no luck.

Any suggestions?

PBX Firmware: 10.13.66-9
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

Thank you in advance

(Dave Burgess) #2

Are you comfortable in the Linux CLI? You’re going to need to do some system management to get this working. The steps to do any of these are well documented on the Internet, so I’m going to just leave “bread crumbs”.

1. Reboot the server. You may need to wait for everyone else to go home - a lot of this stuff below might be disruptive.
  2. Log in as ‘root’ on the console of the server.
  3. Make sure the ‘Asterisk’ program is running. Something simple like ‘ps aux | grep asterisk’ should be a good start.
    3a) If asterisk is not running, try starting it with ‘fwconsole restart’. If it doesn’t restart, note the error message that gets displayed at the end of ‘/var/log/asterisk/full’.
  4. Once asterisk is running, try to connect to it. From the console, you should be able to use ‘asterisk -vr’ to connect to the local instance. If that works, you have access to the CLI in asterisk.
  5. While connected to Asterisk, use the command ‘fwconsole ma upgradeall’
  6. When that’s done, use ‘quit’ to get out.
  7. Back at the console, use ‘yum -y update’ to get all of the system components up to date.

That should get you to the point where you are as up to date as you can get. You should be able to connect to the asterisk GUI through a browser at that point, and can click your way through the rest of the management you need to do.

Let us know how it goes.

(Vasilis) #3

Dear cynjut good day,

thank you for your help.

My problem is not that i cannot connect to GUI browser.Asterisk is running and i can connect through Chrome.

I added a new phone and when i am clicking on upright “Apply Config” button i get below error.

exit: 1
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
Exception: Unable to connect to Asterisk through the CLI in file /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 24
Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:24

(system) closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.