I’m on a fully updated distro system. I just upgraded to asterisk 18.1.0. When I booted up I noticed an error flame in the dashboard saying “unable to find asterisk results”. I checked and running “core show uptime” wouldn’t produce any results. In fact, I was also getting the same asterisk results problem in asterisk 16 just prior to upgrading. I decided to try an fwconsole restart, but got the “asterisk is still running” error. However, asterisk had been killed. So I tried fwconsole start. This time, things seemed to come up properly and “core show uptime” started working again. I noticed that the “still running” error was logged almost immediately after “killing asterisk forcefully”, almost as if there was no 2 second wait mentioned here.
I wanted to see if this would happen again, so I rebooted the server and it came up with the same “unable to find results” error. Core show version returns:
Asterisk 18.1.0 built by mockbuild @ jenkins7 on a x86_64 running Linux on 2020-12-16 16:04:19 UTC
but “core show uptime” returns nothing. I did the fwconsole restart, hit the same “unable to kill asterisk” error. ran “fwconsole start”, and things came up properly, “core show uptime” working properly.
It’s not a huge deal, because on a reboot, asterisk still works, it just shows the error on the dashboard. But it is annoying to have to run fwconsole start after running fwconsole restart.