FTP Backup, creates folder and thats it

Hello, I configured a FTP server in Windows Server 2012R2 as a FTP location for one of my PBX’s. When the PBX does its backup process, it creates a folder, but there’s nothing in it! It says completed however. I’ve checked the FTP settings with the server, I can use the same user and create directories/files with no issue, so it doesn’t seem to be a permissions problem. I’ve tried using the default CDR/Full Backup templates. Asterisk 12 with FreePBX 12. Any ideas?

I’d suggest trying another setup that didn’t use NTFS as a file system. While FTP should get around this, in my distant memory I seem to remember having similar difficulties trying to use a NAS that was formatted to NTFS. If you can try an ext3 or ext4 file system, even just by way of a test, you might make some progress.

If you’re not 100% on a method, Ubuntu in VirtualBox on top of your Server 2012 build should at least allow you to test the scenario.

Best of luck.

I tested on another system with Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 12 and it worked. Did a backup of the CDR and I see a .TGZ file.

Same user details, network, subnet location, etc? I’d be looking at all the differences in the two systems to start.

Thanks but I figured it out, it was a network problem with IIS.

Glad you got it sorted. Please bear in mind, the more information you can post about your issue and how you solved it, the more likely it could be of help to others in the same situation.

All the best.