From Freepbx13 to 15 - Location of recordings, Import Queues, other tips?

Per another thread, I was unable to get the upgrade from 13 to 14 to work, so I gave up and am doing a clean install of 15. Will manually move data.

QUESTIONS:

1. I can export/import extensions and DID’s. I don’t see an option for IVR’s, Queues, Ring Groups, Time Conditions, and more. Does this need to be done manually?

2. I want to move all the system announcements, MOH, and user mailbox recordings. Best way to do this?

3. Anything else I need to think about?

THANK YOU for your help with this.

Backup and Restore will allow you to restore a backup generated from a previous version. Create a backup on the 13 system, and restore it on the 15.

1 Like

Other than doing the previously mentioned backup and restore.

You are correct. IVR’s, Queues, Ring Groups, Time Conditions, etc need to be done manually.

We recently have done a number of upgrades without the Backup and Restore feature.

The big things we came across were the user-facing changes:

• Voicemail Options - i.e. envelope
  • Extensions - obviously
  • BLFs
  • Ability to retrieve old voicemails - having a way to do this goes a long way
  • FEATURE CODES - when adding TCs, CF Toggles, Recordings and other things I can’t think of. It changes the feature codes attached to them.
  • Firewall - if you have people remotely connecting
  • Phone Local Phonebook - if they were adding to it

Small things you might miss:

• Blacklist
  • Asterisk Phonebook
  • Users

Things people didn’t really care about (they might have grumbled):

• Redo Voicemail Greetings
  • Set up VM password

We actually have used this opportunity to discuss the current call flow and suggest new features or things that would benefit their call flow. We have even had customers want to redo their extension numbering as so many people had changed since they originally set them up.

You are free to move settings manually, but IMO every minute you spend doing so is wasted. The exception to that might be if your moving from a compromised system where you want a clear ‘air gap’ between them.

This thread has a lot of good tips for moving stuff between systems manually: How to: Upgrade FreePBX13 to FreePBX14 on Hyper V - Guide

Agreed.

Doing a full backup and restore is the best method.

In our case, you are correct we wanted/had to ‘air gap’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.