Other than doing the previously mentioned backup and restore.
You are correct. IVR’s, Queues, Ring Groups, Time Conditions, etc need to be done manually.
We recently have done a number of upgrades without the Backup and Restore feature.
The big things we came across were the user-facing changes:
- Voicemail Options - i.e. envelope
- Extensions - obviously
- Ability to retrieve old voicemails - having a way to do this goes a long way
- FEATURE CODES - when adding TCs, CF Toggles, Recordings and other things I can’t think of. It changes the feature codes attached to them.
- Firewall - if you have people remotely connecting
- Phone Local Phonebook - if they were adding to it
Small things you might miss:
- Asterisk Phonebook
Things people didn’t really care about (they might have grumbled):
- Redo Voicemail Greetings
- Set up VM password
We actually have used this opportunity to discuss the current call flow and suggest new features or things that would benefit their call flow. We have even had customers want to redo their extension numbering as so many people had changed since they originally set them up.