Fresh manual installation - asterisk warnings/errors

Asterisk 11.10, FreePBX 2.11.0.37
After installing a fresh server on CentOS 6.5 using the guide for 6.3 at http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/HTGS/Installing+FreePBX+2.11+on+Centos+6.3 (with some fixes required). I am seeing a lot of warnings and errors in the asterisk log; I’ve handled most of it, but some of them are in the conf files that get reset whenever asterisk is restarted.
ISSUE 1: ‘_.’ vs ‘_X.’

I understand from Google searching that this isn’t exactly accurate, but I get 33 lines of this every time asterisk runs through the code. Is this worth addressing?

ISSUE 2: Two [macro-outisbusy] contexts + comment typo

This is the same exact issue as here:
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/extensions-conf-or-extensions-additional-conf
Is there anything I can do to prevent this from throwing the error?

Also, “overwridden” should be “overridden”

extensions.conf;------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; macro-outisbusy: ; ; called if all trunks are busy. This macro is overwridden by the ; Outbound Route Messages module if installed and configured to provide ; better messages or choices of tones. ; [macro-outisbusy] exten => s,1,Progress exten => s,n,Playback(all-circuits-busy-now,noanswer) exten => s,n,Playback(pls-try-call-later,noanswer) exten => s,n,Macro(hangupcall) ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
extensions_additional.conf[code][macro-outisbusy]
include => macro-outisbusy-custom
exten => s,1,Progress
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${EMERGENCYROUTE}" = “YES”]?emergency,1)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${INTRACOMPANYROUTE}" = “YES”]?intracompany,1)
exten => s,n,Playback(all-circuits-busy-now&pls-try-call-later, noanswer)
exten => s,n,Congestion(20)
exten => s,n,Hangup

exten => intracompany,1,Playback(all-circuits-busy-now&pls-try-call-later, noanswer)
exten => intracompany,n,Congestion(20)
exten => intracompany,n,Hangup

exten => emergency,1,Playback(all-circuits-busy-now&pls-try-call-later)
exten => emergency,n,Congestion(20)
exten => emergency,n,Hangup

;–== end of [macro-outisbusy] ==–;[/code]

ISSUE 3: Can’t find files?

loader.c: Error loading module 'chan_motif.so': libiksemel.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory loader.c: Error loading module 'res_mwi_blf.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/res_mwi_blf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory loader.c: Error loading module 'res_xmpp.so': libiksemel.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ISSUE 4: cc_callback_macro deprecated

[C-00000018] ccss.c: Usage of cc_callback_macro is deprecated. Please use cc_callback_sub instead. [C-00000018] func_presencestate.c: PRESENCE_STATE unknown

ISSUE 5: nat=yes deprecated

sip/config_parser.c: nat=yes is deprecated, use nat=force_rport,comedia instead This exists in sip_additional.conf

ISSUE 6: [app-speeddial-set] uses repeat lookup labels

[code][app-speeddial-set]
include => app-speeddial-set-custom
exten => s,1,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => s,n(setloc),Read(newlocation,speed-enterlocation,)
exten => s,n(lookup),Macro(speeddial-lookup,${newlocation},${AMPUSER})
exten => s,n(lookup),GotoIf($["${SPEEDDIALNUMBER}"!=""]?conflicts)
exten => s,n(setnum),Read(newnum,speed-enternumber,)
exten => s,n(success),Set(DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/speeddials/${newlocation})=${newnum})
exten => s,n,Playback(speed-dial)
exten => s,n,SayDigits(${newlocation})
exten => s,n,Playback(is-set-to)
exten => s,n,SayDigits(${newnum})
exten => s,n,Hangup
exten => s,n(conflicts),Playback(speed-dial)
exten => s,n,SayDigits(${newlocation})
exten => s,n,Playback(is-in-use)
exten => s,n,Background(press-1&to-listen-to-it&press-2&to-enter-a-diff&location&press-3&to-change&telephone-number)
exten => s,n,WaitExten(60,)

exten => 1,1,Playback(speed-dial)
exten => 1,n,SayDigits(${newlocation})
exten => 1,n,Playback(is-set-to)
exten => 1,n,SayDigits(${SPEEDDIALNUMBER})
exten => 1,n,Goto(s,conflicts)

exten => 2,1,Goto(s,setloc)

exten => 3,1,Goto(s,setnum)

exten => t,1,Congestion()

;–== end of [app-speeddial-set] ==–;[/code]

For proper consideration please submit a bug in our issue tracker at http://issues.freepbx.org/ Please note all bugs, improvements, and feature requests must come through a bug report. If you also have a resolution or code for a new feature code can be submitted by way of patch or pull request on github. Please note to submit code you must complete a code submission agreement. All github pull requests should reference an active ticket.

BTW, all of the messages you are seeing are “housekeeping” or not even errors at all (in the case of channel_motif).

I would all say that pointing on spelling errors in code is not exactly a great way to ingratiate yourself to the team unless you are a cracker jack PHP/Codeigniter/SQL/Bootstrap and of course Asterisk engineer with 1000 hours to donate to the project.

Ever heard the phrase “don’t bite the hand that feeds you”?

You make a good point, SkyKing. I guess I should have left that alone and I apologize for starting off on that; I spent a lot of time editing in a past life and can’t turn off the spell checker in my head. I also have a tendency to overdo things which is why my handle hasn’t changed in 14 years :slight_smile: It looks like I can’t edit the post, otherwise I’d remove that bit.

Anyway, from a programming/configuration standpoint, I don’t really understand what I’m dealing with quite yet. I’ll save you the backstory, but things were pretty bad with our phones and I took it upon myself to try the ground-up approach when the rest of the techs were still thinking about what to do. So far, it’s working much better although we’re still having hiccups here and there. Anyway, I like to know what I’m dealing with and it bothers me that I don’t have a full working knowledge of the components of the system. I would like to gain that through posting questions/thoughts/comments here, and in doing so contribute to the project.

The fact that our company HAS a working PBX right now is because of the hard work that goes into both Asterisk and FreePBX. I am not unaware of this or ungrateful; and I hope you can understand that I’m not trying to pick things apart because “I’m a free software user and I’m entitled to make demands of the project’s authors” - it’s because I want to understand it so I can help make it better.

It’s not that big a deal I was just making a point.

There is a lot to learn.

Most of those are warnings not errors anyway.

You can Google them but the comments might not make sense out of context.

You would be better off describing the issues you are still having and going through the process of solving them. Experience is a great teacher.

Oddly great programmers are often terrible at spelling. There is unlikely to be changes to commenting but of you find error s in the ui or exposed items like log messages please file a improvement ticket in the tracker. Also watch the wiki edits on the right. I am cleaning and creating pages feel free to proof read and comment.