FreePBX upgrades - need help

In June, I installed trixbox 2.6.1. Days ago, I upgraded FreePBX modules in trixbox and I saw FreePBX 2.5 upgrade module is available.

Because FreePBX 2.5 is still a beta, so I decided not to play it with my regular trixbox server. Rather, I installed a fresh new copy of trixbox 2.6.1 on a new hard drive. I removed the regular trixbox copy from the server and inserted the new trixbox drive. I then upgrade modules of FreePBX. However, after several times to update freepbx modules, the module “2.5 upgrade tool” never appeared in the updating list. I also noticed that on this “new” trixbox, all Freepbx modules have lower versions than the regular trixbox. But, the module upgrade indicates that there is not upgrade to be made.

I could not understand what had caused the upgrade to be different on my regular trixbox and the new trixbox. Any suggestions?

Fonality (trixbox folks) forked the FreePBX build a couple of months ago. trixbox is behind the FreePBX repositories.

see the latest blog post to see how to upgrade your newer trixbox build: http://freepbx.org/news/2008-08-13/freepbx-release-candidate-easy-upgrade-options

Great! I will give a try. Thanks for the help.

Hi, the first upgrade seems to be ok. Then, I loaded my backup file to the freepbx2.5.1, I got this message:

Errors with selection:
2.5 Upgrade Tool cannot be installed:
A FreePBX version below 2.5.0alpha1 is required, you have 2.5.0rc1
Please try again after the dependencies have been installed.

the upgrade tool dependency is something less than 2.5.0alpha1 so it is not going to let you install the upgrade tool if you already have 2.5 nor is it needed.