freePBX suddenly freezes up on AWS

It was installed from an AMI which I probably built last July. My interest now is to keep this installation from melting even further.

A lyrical reference

MacArthur’s Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Oh no!

Good luck :slight_smile:

I have the recipe

1 Like

I installed from the ISO on a Virtualbox on my. laptop then imported into an AWS AMI. Worked fine until last week.

Does the VirtualBox machine still work fine?

Long gone. I only installed it to create a basic system to convert to an AMI. It was not a fully functioning system.

avoiding this giant rabithole of “its the network”, “no its not”, “Check the network” ad nauseum:

Do you have the datadog-agent, or another monitoring agent installed?
I’ve found many times that the datadog-agent will randomly Shit itself and start consuming 99% of the available CPU and Ram, and tank the entire system.

if AWS gives you console access to the server / other off-channel access, try running top and see if any process is consuming all available resources.

datadog-agent not installed but I’ll check out memory.

AWS does, indeed, offer Serial Console access presuming the following conditions are met:

1. The Instance is running on a newer generation “Nitro” instance (T3, T3a, M5, M5a, etc)
  2. You have a user account that has actual local console privileges and a password set

From the EC2 Console, select the Instance and then Connect, then the Serial Console option. In the new black console window/tab, click inside it and press Enter to “wake” it. Then you should be able to log in locally/directly.

Thanks. I have ssh access to the server.

I have been using AWS since 2015. I’m on a t2.small and I will upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.