FreePBX Site Gets a Facelift

With the holidays fast approaching and the exciting new things coming we thought it was time to freshen things up and give the site a nice clean look. We’ve been busy with CSS magic and challenges with drupal and Sledge has gotten really creative with our favorite mascot. We hope you like what you see.

There’s no under construction sign up but if you run into a few glitches over the next week, that’s probably why. Let us know what you like (and what you don’t) and we will try to tweak things as best we can.

Too much information in the right side bar for you? (or not enough?). Just go to My account and disable or enable the various information blocks to suit your style. (Even that nifty BBC style News Flash that I spent WAY too much time getting to work can be removed if you choose).

For now I’m going to try and enjoy the few weekend hours remaining, as I suspect I’ll be busy tweaking things on the site once I start hearing from everyone!

Philippe - On behalf of the FreePBX team!

Very clean and easy to navigate, and the mascot looks happier than ever. Speaking of, does he have name?

Philippe,

Congratulations on the launch of the new web site. The amount of work that was spent is very obvious, you and your team did a great job.

The new layout is crisp and clean. It will take some time to look right instead of left for navigation buttons, change is so hard for us old folks <>

I will provide more meaningful feedback after spending some time on the new site.

Looking forward to an exciting 2009.

Happy Holidays to you and your family…

Regards,

Scott

I hate to be a grammar nazi, but there should be no apostrophe in “gets”.

Other than that, congrats–looks nice!

Congratulations, a very clean and minimalistic web!
Looks very nice!

I really really like the new web site … very clean and up to date, and much easier to navigate.

Congratulations.

Colin

YES! Cool, refreshing facelift!

When i first reached the site i thought it has been hijacked :wink:
FreePBX and the mascot are clearly very much alive!

Regards,
Yvo

The website looks a lot nicer and I’m sure there’s more you plan to add… like the features page?

ditch the frames, it looks terrible on my eee. other than that it looks awesome.

Would you please consider darkening the green and making the text less grey. Artistically its probably nice, but I would like to avoid fixed colors and type without your graphics, and that’s my only option right now.

This new site does not always work well with Firefox. Had to use IE7 to print out multiple pages of some admin practices I needed. I’d hate to think Open Source Telephony requires closed IE7. I also agree the chosen colors make it hard to read. Not enough contrast for older eyes :slight_smile:

Oops, not even IE7 can print these pages correctly!!!
Some of us still use paper and printers :slight_smile:

The new site looks great and is a huge improvement and best of all it’s Drupal, our favorite web framework/CMS. :slight_smile:

Kudos to everyone involved.