FREEPBX Sangoma linux 7 as auto root login (POWEROUTAGE)

Sorry, as the image attached.

When I am at that stage (no root login) I am not able to access the WEB UI. After I login as root it takes IP and I am able to access the WEB UI and make calls

Excellent. This is it. My bad if I did not explained myself out

Sorry david this is what I am trying to do, pardon me:

" " " "
What he means is, if he reboots the PC/server (or there is a power cut, same thing) then he cannot log into the FreePBX server via the GUI.

In order to log into the FreePBX server via GUI/web browser, you must first enter the root username and password into the FreePBX server/terminal. Then after that, it is accessible via the web browser GUI. He wants it to automatically log into the root terminal upon restart, so he does not have to manually do this in order for it to be accessible via web browser GUI.

" " " "

Is the IP of the server static? If you assign it to be a static IP (e.g mine is 192.168.1.1**) then you don’t need to log in, it will allow you to access the FreePBX web GUI without logging into root user.

Actually I have it static from the DHCP. So when the PBX request DHCP, DHCP server assign one IP. but will try to set it static from the PBX itself.

Do you have a firewall device in your business? You can set it to be static on there.

Also, in the FreePBX GUI, you can set your FreePBX server to be static.

Go to Admin → System Admin → Network Settings → Static
and then set your chosen IP

1 Like

That’s still dynamic as far as the server is concerned. My speculation is that the “firewall device” is still starting, after the power failure, when the server makes its first DHCP request.

1 Like

Uh i never log into the console…and my deployments run 24/7/365 problem free… I ssh in for server maintenence…no issues accessing the admin GUI…i dont have monitor/keyboard/mouse connected to my servers…

As others have stated…your issues appear to be IP/network related… i assign all my deployments with a static IP in SysAdmin outside my DHCP range…

You 1000% dont have to log into the console to gain webadmin GUI access

1 Like

Thank you for the effort taken to help me on this “issue”.

I am so ashamed. It let me enter the web ui without the root login with no need to set it as static it just does now.

I remember tried in the past and it did not work but it does now. all the best.

Thank you for the effort taken to help me on this “issue”.,

I am so ashamed. It let me enter the web ui without the root login with no need to set it as static it just does now.

I remember tried in the past and it did not work but it does now. all the best.

THis also gave me a clue about this

No problem. You might want to be careful and set it to static though, or else if the IP changes u have to log in physically

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.