FreePBX phone system 60 Ethernet port issue

HI Everyone,

I new to this sangoma PBX, iam facing some issue in ethernet port, there are three port and only eht0 is up and remaining Eth1 and Eth2 not getting UP. Give me some guide how to make it UP and also share some CLI commands that we are used in Sangoma FreePBX for configuration.

Not sure about that specific model, but in general, unless you specifically configure them, they would not come up, only eth0 is configured by default, at least with Distro.

after editing network settings i made it like this and now it start to work.
please guide me if i need to change something.
And i have doubt that can i provide DHCP POOL from PBX to end device if its there guide me how to do it.

NAME=“eth0”
HWADDR=“00:90:27:EF:47:22”
ONBOOT=“yes”
NETBOOT=“yes”
UUID=“b7abaf9a-93f5-4a07-a84b-435a6f0e621f”
IPV6INIT=“yes”
BOOTPROTO=“none”
IPADDR=192.168.99.100
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.99.1
TYPE=“Ethernet”
PROXY_METHOD=“none”
BROWSER_ONLY=“no”
DEFROUTE=“yes”
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=“no”
IPV6_AUTOCONF=“yes”
IPV6_DEFROUTE=“yes”
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=“no”

NAME=“eth1”
HWADDR=“00:90:27:EF:47:23”
ONBOOT=“yes”
NETBOOT=“yes”
UUID=“17981d7d-9e14-49f9-b520-b44627918268”
IPV6INIT=“yes”
BOOTPROTO=“dhcp”
IPADDR=192.168.100.100
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.100.1
TYPE=“Ethernet”
PROXY_METHOD=“none”
BROWSER_ONLY=“no”
DEFROUTE=“yes”
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=“no”
IPV6_AUTOCONF=“yes”
IPV6_DEFROUTE=“yes”
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL="no

NAME=“eth2”
HWADDR=“00:90:27:EF:47:24”
ONBOOT=“yes”
NETBOOT=“yes”
UUID=“e4abf7f8-ca76-452e-a6e3-5c7dfc2ed8bd”
IPV6INIT=“yes”
BOOTPROTO=“dhcp”
IPADDR=192.168.99.100
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.100.1
TYPE=“Ethernet”
PROXY_METHOD=“none”
BROWSER_ONLY=“no”
DEFROUTE=“yes”
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=“no”
IPV6_AUTOCONF=“yes”
IPV6_DEFROUTE=“yes”
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL="no

You should be able to install DHCP server on system 60, just make sure you set the listener on the appropriate eth, so it doesn’t conflict with other DHCP servers that might be running.

For installing DHCP server what i have to do?
because my ip phones are not getting any IP…!

System Admin Pro allows you to configure one of your eth interfaces with a DHCP server.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/System+Admin+-+DHCP

If you don’t have sysadmin pro you can configure it manually. Just install dhcpd in case it is not already installed and configure dhcpd.conf

Are your phones on a separate network or do they share the same network as your computers?

Seems like he has a Sangoma PBX 60, which I believe comes already with System Admin Pro.

I want to do Enable DHCP pool on eth1 and eth2 but in system admin i can only find eth0…!

That is probably because eth1 and eth2 are not completely configured.

Now i configured its getting ip’s.
and also created extension its working.
now i need to configure sip trunk and i need to configure one of the ip phone, what should i have to do?

Not to be rude, but I think at this point you should take a look at the online doc. Creating trunks and extensions are standard procedures that are well documented. In regards to the trunk, just make sure you get the needed configuration from your trunk provider.
For configuring ip phones, if you are doing it manually, just follow the corresponding user manual for your particular make and model, but basically you need to set the server ip, username and password. Almost all other settings don’t need to be modified from default, except to assign specific functions to programmable buttons in case your phone has them.
In case your system includes the license for EPM and your phones are supported, you just need to add your phones on EPM and make sure they get auto-provisioned.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.