FreePBX/PBXact & Schmooze Com Longevity

We are looking at implementing FreePBX/PBXact relying on Schmooze Com for support. What can anyone tell me about what you’ve heard regarding the longevity of FreePBX and Schmooze Com? Our management what like to ensure (as much as possible) that the FreePBX/PBXact product will be around and supported for at least 5-10 years. If you can provide me specific examples to put our management at ease, that would be great. Thank you.

FreePBX was initially started in 2004-05, and now has an installed base of millions of production systems, generating billions of dollars of revenue worldwide, we have analytics showing active systems in over 210 countries and territories. Schmooze was founded in 2008, and had been a long time contributor to the FreePBX project, responsible for many milestones in development, as well as the official support provider of the project, it made sense for us to make the purchase of the trademark, and assume leadership, so in early 2013 we officially took over the project. We provide a large investment in resources to manage, everything from development manpower, to infrastructure, support and community involvement. We are the stewards of FreePBX, and our business model is completely focused on FreePBX success. I’m the VP of Sales and Marketing so I can be a bit biased, so here is an article from the July Issue of Internet Telephony magazine about our company: http://www.tmcnet.com/voip/departments/articles/383165-what-need-know-schmooze-com-inc.htm