FreePBX Panel flashing Red and Green

I’m seeing the same thing, but in more detail.

Trunks that are available are showing up green, they go red when in use.
Queues, conferences, and parking lot entries seem to likewise work correctly.

Extensions are Yellow when they are Idle (registered)
Extensions are Green when they are Unavailable (not registered)
Extensions are Red when in use.
I don’t see any of the extensions going Black on my panel, but there may be a condition where they do.

From the code in op_server.pl, it looks like Idle extensions are supposed to be marked as Agent extensions, which explains this. I’m curious about the assumption.

Yellow means the channel/extension is a queue member or a logged in agent.

Black is for DND (do not disturb). DND behaviour depends on op_astdb.cfg. There were a change between FOP 0.26 and 0.29 in that config file, so if you upgrade, you might want to update op_astdb.cfg also.

Hi,

I already update my fop because the flash player problem but I have a problem when I follow this steps:

1. I have two agents logged, and two instances of fop oppened (one ins fp 9.0.115 and other fp 9.0.124
  2. logout any of the agents. (Panel shows the information correctly) One green (Agent-not is not logged) and one yellow (Agent-Logged)
  3. I update any of the flash operator panel window using reloads configuration button.
  4. Ooops I see the two agents logged but in CLI, only one agent is logged like it must be.

Any help must be appreciated.

Regards.

Thank you for the quick response. I really like the control that FOP gives me, so I’m always happy to get it working.

I updated op_astdb.cfg to the latest version; I even included [DND] and [dnd] contexts, just in case there was some difference. They are exactly the same, so regardless of which one the system uses, the outcome should be the same.

Here is my experience with the latest version and Asterisk 1.6 (which may be the source of the problems):

• I understand that a ‘Yellow’ extension is one that either has an agent logged into it or is part of a queue group. I don’t think I’m using agents at all. I looked and all of my phones were in the ‘Incoming’ queue. I removed several of them from my inbound queue to see what happens. They now show green, as expected. It would be nice if the queue to which the phones are attached were the same color as the phones; of course, once that is working, people will want different colors per queue and the colors to match th phones in that queue. If that’s a huge pain, then please ignore that :slight_smile:

• I have two extensions that are not authenticated - the ATAs they are fed from are not getting connected to the server. If I understand the way the display should work, these should show up as ‘Green’ or ‘Yellow’ (depending on whether they are members of a Queue), but grayed out to 50%. I’m not seeing the Graying; it’s possible that something in my button configuration isn’t correct, so I’m still looking at that.

• I have three SCCP phones. Everything about them works flawlessly, except when I enable DND, the indicator stays Yellow, instead of going Black. The DND is recognized and the system sends the call to VM.

• Just for completeness, I tried the same thing with one of my SIP ATA-attached phones, and I get the same result. I’ve removed all of the ATA attached phones from the queue and set them to DND; none of them are going Black.

• While I’m whining, I’m using “web-meetme” instead of the standard Conferencing Can you tell us (preferably in a separate article) how we might set up FOP to monitor the active Conferences? They all hang off extension 800, but they all have random 5-digit numbers.

Keep up the excellent work!

Hi folks,
what helped me solving this issue was reading the documentation on the asternic-homepage. :wink:

I wasn’t aware of the fact, that the flash-client (my local browser) had to be allowed to access port 4445/tcp on the destination-machine (my freePBX-Server) directly.

So I opened the port 4445 for my client-machine with a new firewall-rule, restarted my iptables-firewall and - TADAAA - it finally works…

I just post this, so everyone who might have the same issue can take his/her own firewall on the server into account and check if the port is open.
The fact that a flash-applet talks to a specifc port is not so common (at least from my point of view.)

Greetz,
Marcus

(Thanks for the great software!)

In trying to fix the Flash problem I mucked up the /var/www/html/panel directory. Now I no longer get flashing, but the FOP doesn’t appear to be working, i.e., it does nothing.

Is there an easy way to restore the directory to a freshly installed configuration so I can then make only the required changes?

Thanks!

BTW, I am running freePBX / trixbox. Everything else on the system works fine!

I have the same problem, I’ve uploaded the snapshot version but still red/green flashing.
And I got also this message:
Could not reload the FOP operator panel server using the bounce_op.sh script. Configuration changes may not be reflected in the panel display.
Added ago
(freepbx.reload_fop)

Any solution?

Alek,

I can confirm that when using asterisk 1.2 or 1.4 and the latest FreePBX 2.4.1 on a properly built system that it does work correctly (using latest flash). In that you have a hybrid system, and didn’t follow the perscribed directions of ownership and group rights for httpd it is “possible” that something else is wrong in your setup and it’s permissions causing this issue.

I couldn’t find the correct way to install the panel maybe that’s the problem. I just have to copy all files of the snapshot inside my panel folder?

There is some problem with co lour combination and panel installation. It is better to use graphic
user environmental .

charry

http://www.game4all.com

how?

Alek, the ultimate source for the FOP is at http://www.asternic.org. The author does pay attention most of the time to the forums here but not always.

I applied the update as seen in the instructions on the site, but now it does not function anymore.

Now I get :

Couldn’t load variables.txt?aldope=15478

Did you ever get this resolved? I just uploaded the new .pl and .swf file and updated my Flash Player to 10.x and got this same issue.

Anyone? Bueller?

No…

The problem lies within how it is being started.
The only temporary solution is to restart the panel with the “amportal restart fop” command

Correct that:

“amportal restart_fop”

It works fine after that.

My issue might be a little different from the other guys, but this is how i fixed it:

I use the trixbox package, and i noticed that when ever i view the FOP on my lan it worked fine.
But whenver i tried to view it remotely (over the internet) i will get the red/green flashing.

After reading the above post from Nicolás Gudiño, i opened port 4445 on my firewall.
Voila !! it works like a charm !! No more flashing.

Hope this helps someone as these post have helped me.