FreePBX paging to an ATA device

FreePBX 2.8.1.5 Distro
Have paging setup and working correctly on all my cisco and aastra phones. The issue I’ve run into is that the Paging module (v2.8.0.1) doesn’t support ATA’s. I can dial the ATA directly and the paging works, but for some reason when I dial the paging group (800) it doesn’t work.

Any ideas? If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

-Brandon

I don’t think ATA’s respond to the auto answer code. Since they don’t have speaker why would they?

It sounds like you need a paging gateway. The Valcom IP series work great.

Scott, thanks for the quick response,

Sorry I forgot to mention this, I already have a paging gateway, which is why when I dial the ATA’s registered extension, I am able to page over the overhead paging speakers. The problem comes when I dial the paging group (800), which will page all of the Cisco SPA5xx and Aastra phones, just not over the ATA (even though the paging works fine if I dial the extension directly.)

So the paging module uses the auto-answer code? If that’s the case, any one have any ideas on how to “page/intercom” all phones by dialing their extensions so I could maybe just configure a ring group (already tried putting the page group into the ring group, doesn’t work).

Any help is appreciated!

Yeah that’s interesting. So the ATA’s completely ignore the alert-info auto answer header and don’t even ring?

If you have an analog paging adapter I am sure it is actually picking up and supervising the line to the ATA. That’s why it works if you call the extension.

Yes, it is ignoring the alert-info auto answer header and doesn’t even ring. When I dial the paging group, all the phones auto-answer as they are programmed to… just the ata that isn’t.

Is there anyway to put the paging group into a ring group or some other misc destination that will make it work?

Thanks!