FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Freepbx not running with asterisk

(Toure Amidou) #1

have installed freepbx 15 and Asterisk on Ubuntu I’m getting “Cannot Connect To Asterisk” in the top right corner of the GUI. I don’t know what is a problem Please help me Thank you

(Tom Ray) #2

Either Asterisk isn’t running. Asterisk isn’t started under the right user account. Or your AMI username/password do not match what is in the manager config files.

(Toure Amidou) #3

How I can start Asterisk as admin?
This is the output of service asterisk status
root@groupeanokpclinux:/home/groupe_anok# service asterisk status
● asterisk.service - LSB: Asterisk PBX
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/asterisk; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (exited) since mer. 2019-07-24 15:38:39 GMT; 43min ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 1192 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/asterisk start (code=exited, status=0/SUCC

juil. 24 15:38:38 groupeanokpclinux systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Asterisk PBX…
juil. 24 15:38:38 groupeanokpclinux asterisk[1192]: * Starting Asterisk PBX: as
juil. 24 15:38:39 groupeanokpclinux asterisk[1192]: …done.
juil. 24 15:38:39 groupeanokpclinux systemd[1]: Started LSB: Asterisk PBX.
juil. 24 15:38:42 groupeanokpclinux pulseaudio[1335]: [pulseaudio] server-lookup
juil. 24 15:38:42 groupeanokpclinux pulseaudio[1335]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unabl
juil. 24 15:39:01 groupeanokpclinux pulseaudio[1335]: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c

(Tom Ray) #4

Well this should be covered in the Manual Install instructions but you need to make sure Asterisk isn’t started by the system and that FreePBX starts Asterisk. You also need to make sure all the ownership for these files belong to the asterisk user.

(Toure Amidou) #5

How can I do this please? I’m new in Freepbx and asterisk
Thanks

(Tom Ray) #6

Then don’t do this. You go and get FreePBX v14 (SNG7) ISO from the download site and you install the Distro version.

You’re doing a manual install which requires some knowledge of both Linux and FreePBX along with trying to use a Beta Release of FreePBX. This is not the right way to start your introduction to FreePBX.

(Toure Amidou) #7

Ok thank you I’ll try it

(system) closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.