Freepbx inbound caller id defaults to trunk name

Hello!

I have an issue that I don’t know if it is user error or because that is how it is supposed to function. FYI I am currently using FreePBX distro 12.7.6-2002-2.sng7. I have a trunk names “line1” that functions as an inbound and outbound route. I am able to receive calls and everything works fine except the CID is now “line1” instead of the actual caller id. Is this an issue with FreePBX? Could it be with the trunk device itself?

Thank you for any assistance! I am sorry for my noobness.

I assume that you are connecting to analog lines. If not, provide details.

The device may not be sending caller ID in the manner that Asterisk is expecting, so please post the make/model of your trunk interface and its configuration. If it’s a SIP gateway, also post the pjsip or chan_sip settings for the trunk, or for an internal card, the DAHDI config.

The other possibility is that the device is not recognizing the caller ID format on the line. What country are you in? What is the source of the line (copper pair from central office, cable MTA, fiber ONT, etc.)?

Also, please confirm that an analog phone connected directly to the line (without the PBX) displays caller ID correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.