FreePBX HA and PJSIP, RTP packets sent from wrong IP address

There is a bug report on an issue that was supposedly fixed, but it isn’t.
https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14735

On FreePBX High Availabilty and PJSIP extensions, RTP packets are sent from the master IP address and not the floating IP address. The solution in the bug report was to add this to a PJSIP endpoint configuration:

bind_rtp_to_media_address=yes
media_address=floating address

In the latest version of Core 13.0.122.16 that I am using, those two fields are present in each endpoint, but the
media_address=floating address is empty and does not contain an IP.
It’s media_address=, but should specify the floating IP, but there is no way to set this on the GUI in SIP settings.
The correct transport is set and binds to the floating IP.

I reopened the bug report but it was closed as this is supposedly a support issue.
I don’t think that’s the case, it’s still the bug and not a misconfiguration on my part.

@xrobau, thanks for addressing the ticket and I am sorry to bother you, but I think there was a misunderstanding in the ticket and this problem does not relate to my external address settings at all, which are fine.

I can also replicate this on non-HA, new SNG7 systems.

If I set the UDP transport to the IP address of my system (not the 0.0.0.0 transport), each configured PJSIP endpoint will have a “media_address=” entry. But the value will be missing. The bug report suggests that was fixed, but it doesn’t seem to be.

[3001]
type=endpoint
aors=3001
auth=3001-auth
tos_audio=ef
tos_video=af41
cos_audio=5
cos_video=4
allow=ulaw,alaw,gsm,g726,g722,h264,mpeg4
context=from-internal
callerid=Test3 <3001>
dtmf_mode=rfc4733
aggregate_mwi=yes
use_avpf=no
rtcp_mux=no
ice_support=no
media_use_received_transport=no
trust_id_inbound=yes
media_encryption=no
timers=yes
media_encryption_optimistic=no
send_pai=yes
rtp_symmetric=yes
rewrite_contact=yes
force_rport=yes
media_address=
bind_rtp_to_media_address=yes
language=en

Could anybody help and try to replicate this on a normal machine?
Doesn’t have to be HA.

Under PJSIP settings, select the transport that binds to the IP address of the server, not 0.0.0.0.
Then create a PJSIP extension and see in pjsip.endpoint.conf if you have a media_address= entry for your endpoint and see to what value it’s set to. It should be the IP address of your server, but it’s empty.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.