FreePBX GUI not displaying correctly

I have just installed FreePBX 2.10.0, with Asterisk 10.3 on Ubuntu and i can access http://myfreepbxip/admin but the GUI is just not displaying correctly.

I have several other FreePBX’s installed in the network and i know how the GUI should look. In this one for example the Tabs on top (admin, applications, connectivity,etc…) are all next to eachother with no spaces (not in individual boxes as usual). When you press on a Tab, the relevant options are there but its more like it is outputting plain text rather than a GUI.

I have checked my Apache2 error log and and i am seeing errors like:

File does not exist: /var/www/admin/assets/css/mstyle_autogen_1355840181.css
Files does not exist: /var/www/admin/images/notify_error.png

When i google this errors i find nothing relevant :frowning:

Can somebody please please help?

thank you

Tara

I had spent days and reloaded everything multiple times… in the end, I discovered it was the NIC that I was using was somehow mangling the apache output.

This may or may not be your issue. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

i’d be very surprised if it was the NIC, this is installed on a VM and the NIC is used by several other applications which are working fine so i dont think this is the issue.

any other comments are appreciated!

Last time I looked there were still some hardcoded references to /var/www/html as the assumed Document Root in the FreePBX code.

There is some work going on to fix that problem in the source (Thank you GameGamer), but currently it is easier to change ubuntu/debian’s DocumentRoot to /var/www/html instead of /var/www/ in

/etc/apaches2/sites-*

before you run/edit the install program.

thanks dicko!! you’re a star

that was it! my GUI is now pretty again :wink: