FreePBX GUI keeps crashing after upgrade


I *have tried searching the forum, so I apologize if the answer is there and I missed it.

I just finished upgrading from FreePBX Distro 10.13.66 (I think) to current version using:
fwconsole ma upgradeall
fwconsole chown
fwconsole reload
…and then cleaning up and dealing with unsigned module errors, etc.

However, now my GUI crashes regularly. I have noted that it is often when saving a configuration or applying the change.

The log files for apache show the following:
[Thu May 24 10:33:01.703825 2018] [authz_core:error] [pid 1110] [client] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/admin/index.html
[Thu May 24 10:33:07.832562 2018] [access_compat:error] [pid 1113] [client] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/assets/js/activation.js, referer:
[Thu May 24 10:33:08.431407 2018] [access_compat:error] [pid 1111] [client] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/assets/js/activation.js, referer:

[Thu May 24 10:33:57.898090 2018] [access_compat:error] [pid 8930] [client] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/assets/js/activation.js, referer:

(I had to strip out the links, as the forum wouldn’t let me include them)

I’ve tried fwconsole chown which seems to have no effect. Restarting apache has no effect. Restarting the box will bring the GUI up again… but it fails soon after trying to use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

All the best,

This isn’t a crash of the GUI, this is either the firewall service or something in your configuration blocking your browser’s access to the index page.

1 Like

I agree in principle. However, there’s no firewall running at all, and the box is otherwise a straight-up FreePBX Distro box with no other software running on it. The only thing that has changed is the update.

And a firewall or configuration change doesn’t explain why the GUI runs for about 15-20 minutes, and then spontaneously fails with those errors being thrown each time.


There’s your problem there. You should never have unsigned modules, and if you do, there’s a significant problem with your machine. The errors you posted are because of some custom http configuration that has been put in place by someone. But, that will NOT cause the ‘gui to crash’. That will just stop you from buying modules inside FreePBX.

Hmmm… again, I’m not sure. All of the modules were marked as unsigned after the upgrade, and I followed the FreePBX instructions on how to deal with that. All the modules are straight-up FreePBX out-of-the box. No unsupported or third-party modules at all.

I can guarantee that there is no custom http config – I’m the only one who manages the box. I have plenty of other boxes to run http from.

Perhaps the term ‘GUI is crashing’ is overstated – it is what it feels like it’s doing, though. I can log in to the GUI without any issue… it works for a little while, and then ‘crashes’ and returns a standard browser ‘unable to connect’ message, and the errors previously posted appear. There are no error messages in the log prior to the ‘crash’. That browser error remains until I restart the box. Restarting apache does not fix the issue.

I guess I’ll just blow this one away and start again.


This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.