Freepbx GUI is broken after upgrade from 15 to 16

Hello,

today I have finally decided to upgrade freebpx 15 to freepbx 16 with the GUI. Went to the Version Upgrade Module to upgrade from 15 to 16. Next I press the button to check the requirements.
I needed to uninstall 4 modules. After that, went back to the Version Upgrade Module and start it again.
See that everything was okay (All checks passed. You may now start the upgrade process.)
So I press the button to proceed to the upgrade process.

In Step 1 I did not do nothing, left everything the same. Click on Next. In Step 2 I press OK and the upgrade was running. Only get a warning not to refresh the browser. Also I did not see nothing of the upgrade process, due to an error with AJAX to display the content.

Wait about 2 hours, than restart my server through SSH. Then start FreePBX GUI, and see only this text.

0 PBX MFA 15.0.2.1 Copyright 2022 by Sangoma Technologies Inc., All rights reserved By installing, copying, downloading, distributing, inspecting or using the materials provided herewith, you agree to all of the terms of use as outlined in our End User Agreement which can be found and reviewed at

Who can tell me what when wrong and how to solve this. I have also the logfile from the upgrade process located at /var/log/pbx/freepbx16-upgrade.log

1 Like

Hi @pbxramdas Can you please raise jira at issues.freepbx.org and attach your “fwconsole ma list” output. Thanks.

I am facing the same issue too.
It got stuck at the page when I attempt to PBX page:

If you are not using pbxmfa module then just delete the pbxmfa module from the modules directory and try to upgrade the modules.

rm -rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/pbxmfa
fwconsole ma upgradeall

After updated the modules you can install the pbxmfa module again.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall pbxmfa
1 Like

This issue occurred due to the pbxmfa module was not added to the freepbx16 rpm.
Now the latest pbxmfa module is added to the freepbx16 rpm so this issue will not occur anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.