FreePBX External Incoming call restriction

Hi everyone,
I am quite new here, I have tried searching for my problem but couldn’t find a solution.

I’m trying to restrict a door phone to be able to be dialed to from outside.

Extension number is ‘door’ or 3667.
The problem is that anyone from outside is able to dial 3667 from any IVR, and is able to to dial the password and boom, the door opens, which is quite dangerous.
So what I’m trying to find out is how to restrict 3667 from receiving external calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

do you need to have extension dialing enabled?

I must be able to dial ‘to’ 3667 from internal extensions but not from outside (IVR menu, etc).
The 3667 extension doesn’t have a keypad, so it cannot dial out either way, if that’s what you are asking.

Oh, Just realized what you were actually asking… Yes, I need extension dialing enabled.

I tested this briefly and I think it will work, but please be sure you test this THOROUGHLY.

Add 3667 an an option in the IVR. Then point that to Terminate call or whatever.

Not totally sure this will work without any adverse ramifications, but is worth a try.

As I remember, IVR selections are processed before the call falls through to an extension, this way, the 3667 is processed as an IVR selection before ever hitting the extension dialing process.