FreePBX Engaged after Running for a Week

Hello,

I’m running FreePBX 13 fully patched in a Hyper-V virtual machine again fully patched.

After FreePBX has been running for approx a week, inward SIP trunks seem to become engaged.

Rebooting FreePBX and not the virtual machine host fixes the problem each time.

Does FreePBX need an weekly auto reboot ? Or should it run for more than a week without having stability issues ?

Anyone else had this issue ?

Regards,

Andy

Post some Asterisk logs and we may be able to help you see the problem. There is no need for frequent reboots.

I’m a FreePBX novice.

How do I access the Asterisk logs ?

Go to Module Admin and install the Asterisk Logs module if it’s not already there.

If you are comfortable with Unix, you can log into the console of the PBX (or SSH in) as root and review the logs in the /var/log/asterisk directory. One of the most helpful (and most verbose) is the /var/log/asterisk/full log.

From there, look around the approximate time your trunk goes down and search through looking for the actual event that downed your line. From there, we should be able to get you a more detailed cause.

@lgaetz why did you edit my post? I should have said “Logfiles” and not “Logs” – but not “Info.” The logfiles module will get him the logs in the FreePBX web interface, or at least that’s how it works on mine. Am I missing something?

@billsimon - No, you were right. The logfiles module will let the GUI access the log files, but the limits (500 lines IIRC ???) can be “not deep enough” to get back to a few days ago.

Wasn’t saying you were wrong - just offering another way to get to the information.

Mea Culpa. I was trying to be helpful, but misunderstood your intent. I’ve reverted the change.

I’ve looked at the Asterisk logs but cant find anything that identifys the problem.

Now I can look at the logs I will wait until the problem re-occurs and then check the logs again.

Thanks

Understood - it was not about your post but about lgaetz’ edit of my post. And it turns out we just misunderstood each other. :slight_smile:

1 Like