FreePBX End Point Manager Feedback

Hi Tony, Great work on the endpoint manager, it makes such smooth work of that aspect. I have a question. I have manually edited a few things so that my mitel 52xx phones will work with the EPM, that done I wanted try and create a workable set of exports that I could send to yourselves, use as a backup incase the updates wipe them out, as well as make them available for other FPBX users that use mitel EP’s. Guessing My edits will be in no way complete but as mentioned the phone likes them. Can you advise on how to do this, I tried the export button, it creates the tgz but it is corrupt on opening. I tried to find some extra info on adding new phones but came up empty handed. Any assistance would be blessed. Please keep up the great work.
HV.
ps. if this post is in the wrong place, just snuff it.

For Snom phones 3xx.

A way to provison multilanguage support in web gui and phone interface would be a nice feature.

Now its only possible to choose from a smal list of language that comes along with the firmware.

See those links:

http://wiki.snom.com/FAQ/How_can_I_enable_multiple_language_support_for_snom300/320/360

http://wiki.snom.com/Category:Auto_Provisioning:Configuration_Files

I would like to see support for device and user mode. All of my deployments are done with device and user mode enabled. It is common for executives with larger offices to have a phone on their desk and one at a small conference table. I have users with a desk phone and a soft phone on their cell. I also have users with a desk phone and a phone at their home office. I have considered creating two extensions and using follow me, but the phones won’t show their real extension and it seems more like a hack.

I’m using a similar set up as you. User and device mode with desk phones and soft phones in their mobile phones.

The end point manager seems to handle this half way. You can provide the phones as long they are fixed to one user. And the module seems to handle only one phone per user. But for me it’s OK cause I don’t use the module for those mobile extensions.

Well with all the changes in Asterisk 12 and the fact that Asterisk 12 now lets more then 1 device register to the same extension number and secret (peer) the concept of device and user mode in FreePBX will drastically be changing so we wont be investing any time into EPM for the current Device and User mode in FreePBX.

Asterisk 12 is the first release with pjsip. Having the ability for multiple registrations to the same extension / password is well needed and puts Asterisk on par with FreeSWITCH. However I have a feeling most will wait for Asterisk 13 LTS before making such a drastic change. For the next year what is the recommended way to use the endpoint manager for a user with multiple phones?

We don’t recommend or support that.

Great work! EPM changes update the main T46G, but not the exp40, any thoughts why? I make changes to the EXP40-1 in EPM, but on reboot, those changes are not propogated, though any changes I make to the phone in EPM are updated. Just the changes to the EXP40-1 are not updated. Thanks

Last update have a bug!

I use Endpoint manager to provide snom 370 phones here at my work.

The last update make the XML tags look like this:

When it should look like this:

The phones dont work that well now.

Anyhow I can make a downgrade of the endpoint module until the bug is gone?

Is there anyway that the endpoint manager will work over a VPN? It would be nice to see that since we have a large corporation, and many sites. We do not want to have physical servers on site, however, still need our phones there. Problem is, the endpoint manager will not find the phones which is on a different subnet because of ARP.

Any ideas or solutions for this? It makes it literally impossible to have a remote system.

Just map the extensions in extension mapping manually. No we will never be able to scan phones across a VPN.

Hi ,

I’m new in this forum so forgive me if I ask any really basic question regarding polycom phone set up Or FreePBX, I download FreePBX Distro and installed to my server, using Endpoint manager to provision the polycom 501 phone that I purchase USED, please show me how to use the End point Manager step by step to provision polycom 501 phone or trying to factory reset the phones so I can use them with FreePBX. However I can’t get into the phone as an admin. If I go to menu>settings>advanced and enter the “admin” password 456 I get only two options… Change User Password and Reboot Phone.

When I hold down the 468* and input the “admin” password it just blips back to the main screen.

When I restart the phone and cancel the startup then push the “Setup” soft key and enter the “Admin” or removed by mod the phones say “Incorrect Password”.

Thanks sso much

Love the module! It would be useful have have a “Select All” button when trying to rebuild or reboot all of my extensions in extension mapping.

Their is one Click on the check box at the top it will check them all for you.

how strange. on Safari and Chrome i don’t see the check box but if i mouse/over the “Select Extension/Name” box the mouse changed to a pointer and if i click it, it acts like a Select All. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fb4m6stc0pk1b9/extmgr.jpg

Tony, I use polycom phones, particularly the VVX410 and IP331 phones. I would be awesome if along with the provisioning server IP, there was an area to add the Polycom Update server settings, so when I need to patch the UC/BootROM, I can just add their server settings to the template and trigger a reboot/update. Right now, I have to either go into the admin settings of each phone to initiate an update, or trust the users to do it via the phone’s web interface. With over 100 phones to manage, some off site, it is a daunting task.

Telleraine please open a feature request…

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX