FreePBX Distro with Asterisk 10?

I am just trying to gauge from the users if you guys would like to see a Beta Distro with FreePBX 2.10 and Asterisk 10? I have been working on this but wanted to gauge how important this was for users and if it is something you want I can start working on it more and try to get one out shortly. Please let me know.

Hello Tony,

How are you?

It would be great to see the freepbx works with sqlite database instead of the Berkeley DB that the Asterisk is using now.

Do you intend to implement the freepbx with the settings saved to sqlite? it would be a great improvement to a pbx with hundreds of extensions.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Kollforex

Tel: 972.72.2608333
Mobile: 972.50.6655579

email: [email protected]

I thought with Asterisk 10 it does that automatically that their is no Berkley Database anymore. You can still use the same AstDB commands but it is all saved in sqlite. I think the plan with FreePBX GUI in the future is to save right to the DB direct and not use asterisk commands but I could be wrong.

Hello Tony,

do you think it is possible to upgrade a working system with Asterisk 1.8 (using the freepbx distro) to the Asterisk 10?

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Kollforex

Yes when the Asterisk 10 Distro goes from beta to Final their will be a upgrade from the stable Asterisk 1.8 Distro.

But right now there will be no upgrade scripts but I can provide simple instructions on how to do it once I get the Asterisk 10 Distro done. I have it installing the first attempt right now.

If I did everything right the first time it should be ready to do today as I have the RPM’s for Asterisk 10 done thanks to gamegamer43.

I want to try new version of Asterisk.

i have added a suggestion to ticket number 5393 regarding a call waiting indication to the caller when an extension is in use or busy.

can you please take a look at that and suggest a fix? it will help a lot of people that are searching a fix of that in the Freepbx community.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Kollforex

Your ticket has nothing to do with Asterisk itself or the Distro. Its a feature request for FreePBX and since 2.10 just came out I would start advocating to get it into 2.11 as their is no way new features can go into the existing FreePBX 2.10 GUI.

Please see http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx-distro/distro-development/freepbx-distro-1-1002-210-57-1-beta-with-asterisk-10-2 on downloading and playing with the beta Distro with Asterisk 10

Zero interest here.

Missing the boat. 2.10 is a Long Term release. It is looking very polished.